Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Dans ammo

YINZ...yinz doesnt exist in the english language; its like "ONE beer", Pennsylvania

Default Dans ammo

Dans Ammo in apollo, just east of pgh, is the best shop in the area. Dan the owner runs a nice shop, great prices, friendly service. Now the shop doesnt have the biggest selection, check his website dansammo.com, but the huge quantities and low overhead makes this the place to find the greatest deals. Just make sure you call ahead, they are usually pretty busy over there and i have always had great success when dealing with him. I like checking his site just to see what new stuff he has just so i can make the 30 min trip out there. It is cool a place like that is so close to home. And dont forget if you cant make the trip they do mailorders to.

That is my official endorsement
    cal)_jrp

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Dans ammo

I've bought several guns from him over the years. Also some magazines & ammo, and an outstanding pair of German military binoculars. Dan himself always took my phone order, and service was never anything less than great. I check his website often. I wish his shop was closer to where I live, if it was less than 2 hours I'd certainly make the trip.

(York County)

Awesome to deal with. Customer oriented and extremely helpful. I will certainly deal with again. He certainly helps the c and r become a better and better idea.

(Northampton County)

He makes some great deals on some ammo and decent deals on the rest. I bought some stuff off of him several months ago for the first time. Although he didn't spell it out, he gave me a detailed receipt that made it look like he charged me much less than he should have because I bought multiple items.

I'm thinking about giving Dan a call.

I've checked his website, but it hasn't been updated in a while. I'm looking for some bulk surplus 1-2k rounds (plus whatever else is interesting) and figured I'd give a local guy a shot at my business.

Is it worth giving him a call? Has anyone been there lately?

Did he go out of business?

(Erie County)

website still works.
    live to ride

(Lancaster County)

He was recently at the Oaks gunshow selling....and his website has been update since last week (he's added guns and added pics for the Sig 220's)

and he's good to buy from as far as I'm concerned
    Last edited by sigarms229; October 16th, 2012 at 05:33 AM.

(Lancaster County)

I watch his website like a hawk. I check it at least 2 or 3 times per week and it's always being updated. I've ordered from him maybe 5 times in 10 years & have always gotten top-notch service. Dan himself answered the phone each time I called.