Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bedford County)

Default Anybody with Duracoat Experience?

I want to Duracoat my Glock to give it a more custom look that suits my taste. I've been looking at purchasing a starter kit from lauer, and then buying the color that I wanted with the pre-treat stuff. Does anybody have any insights, examples, pictures, or general information that could help me with this project. I've never done it before, so I'm a little nervous.
    I am not a lawyer !!

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: Anybody with Duracoat Experience?

Its not a pistol, but I coated a stripped upper, lower, alum rail, part of a stock a few months ago.
    It went pretty damn easy really. Just follow the instructions and you will be fine.
    Either use the recommended cleaner or break cleaner, both seemed to work the same.
    Just watch the break cleaner on some plastic parts.

That was my first time spraying with anything other than a rattle can. Just do a few tests on something to check your air pressure.

I have yet to really beat on it to see how well it holds up. I did part of the stock and the trigger guard since the pic was taken.

(Bedford County)

Wow, it looks great !! thanks for the information, I really appreciate it !!
    + Rep to you sir
    I am not a lawyer !!

(Beaver County)

The pic in my signature is my AR that I had done by a shop. Advanced tiger stipe pattern in urban camo colors. Been 2 years now and still looks great. I'd say go for it. If it dosent look the way you want just paint it again. Can't go wrong.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Bucks County)

Brian Ahearn over on the CZ forum is in Easton, PA and is now open for business Duracoating fireams I believe (see http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?topic=34919.0). Looks like he does nice work and would post/give him a call.

(Northampton County)

Hi Brian Ahearn here-my new business Easton Firearms Refinishing will be open shortly and a new website to go with it. I am just waiting on final ATF approval for my ffl. I duracoat ,gunkote and cerakote and I will be parkerizing as well. As rainer said I am on the CZ forum and you can look at some of my projects in a thread on the general firearms forum called all my duracoated projects. I will post my web site info on this forum when I formally open for business. If you are in the Easton Pa area and want to look at my work up close feel free to call me at 610-252-5334 and we can set up a time for you to come by. Anyone on the forum is weclome to come by. Right now I am cerakoting A Cz 85, a Cz Zastava and a daewoo dp 51 tri action pistol I have a sig 200 that I may do as well, After those I should be starting On a s&w 5903 9 mm and then I will be back to some rifle work. I will post some pics on this forum when they are finshed.