Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Unhappy Help beating a traffic ticket?

I received a ticket for a drivers rear lamp(tail light) being out. Earlier in the day I was in my trunk and i believe I bumped the connection loose. After they pulled away I check the light and a gentle nudge to the plug and it was working again(officer would not let me check it in there presence). I was very courteous and respectful to the officer. with it being this close to Christmas and the reduced hours at work i can not afford to pay this ticket any help will be much appreciated. The ticket was issued by the Pa State Police. The charge is general lighting requirements, under nature of offense no code or statute was cited but in the notes section it says "DEF OPERATED VEHICLE W/OUT LEFT TAIL LIGHT ILLUMINATED" Can the resident lawyers or past or present officers lend any hand here? or any others for that matter?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Help beating a traffic ticket?

I'm actually really surprised you were cited for that. I thought they usually give you a warning to get it done within a certain amount of time, and if you fail to, then you receive a citation.

Proud member of:

(Lebanon County)

never received a citation for stuff like that, i always just got the warning.
    how much is a cit like that worth?
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Delaware County)

Your best bet would be to pay the fine and see about going to court to plead your case infront of a judge. Then explain that it was bad machanical failure ( wiring issue). and not a bulb out. And hopefuly the judge will revoke the ticket and get your money back.

(Centre County)

not to be snab or anything, but I can't imagin ticket for busted tail light being too expensive. Can you just pay it and get it over with? How much is sitation?
    I mean its not moving violation, so its not gonna affect your insurance or anything...

Last time I got similer(which was in NY - I got stopped for 65mph in 55mph. he gave me that instead. So i paid without an issue), I think busted tail light sitation was like $35+$15 for fee or something like that)

Speaking of which, I generally hate everything NY. But way their traffic violation system works I like.

You get ticket, You can either mail it in as guilty, or not guilty, reqyest court date, or request reduction of plea from police dept, and ask DA to let you plea lesser charge over the mail(usually 1110A I think was. Not wearing seatbelt).
    And mail it in with your driving record, and see if DA/court/issueing officer is gonna approve it.

sometimes they'll approve it, sometimes they'll moddifiy it, sometimes they'll deny it(although I never got denied).

Either way, no court time needed.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

I can't see how you're going to beat it. I would think in the end it's your responsibility to be sure your vehicle is in good working order. It is lame though.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Potter County)

how often should you check your lights ? every time you drive your vehicle ?

i check mine about twice a month and carry spares in my vehicles for all external lights except hi-beams and the tools to change them

winter time is hard on bulb filiments

a ticket for a tailight out and not a warning, GIVE ME A BREAK ! they can go out when your are driving and how would you know it !

maybe there is more to the story than that
    gun control dosen't work, career criminal control will !

thats really suprising its a ticket and not a warning, must have gotten a nice friendly trooper....

I would set up a court date, make sure you take the car the day of the hearing and hopefully the DJ will be a level headed guy and give you a break. In all reality the DJ will be pissed he is having to listen to a taillight case, I think thats why most officers give warnings on them because they know its not worth the courts time

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    I received a ticket for a drivers rear lamp(tail light) being out. Earlier in the day I was in my trunk and i believe I bumped the connection loose. After they pulled away I check the light and a gentle nudge to the plug and it was working again(officer would not let me check it in there presence). I was very courteous and respectful to the officer. with it being this close to Christmas and the reduced hours at work i can not afford to pay this ticket any help will be much appreciated. The ticket was issued by the Pa State Police. The charge is general lighting requirements, under nature of offense no code or statute was cited but in the notes section it says "DEF OPERATED VEHICLE W/OUT LEFT TAIL LIGHT ILLUMINATED" Can the resident lawyers or past or present officers lend any hand here? or any others for that matter?
    The LEO that issued you a ticket for the tail light is either a major asshat or you did something else that drew his wrath. Fight it in court, tell them exactly what happen, maybe the asshat cop will not show up.

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt

not likley for a trooper to miss a court date, he's liable to have 10 or 15 in a day sometimes so he works with the clerks to set up the best day for him, usually once every couple of months I think, since they usually have to go to a few different DJ offices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast