Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Union County)

Thumbs down ATT: PGC-STOP WASTING $$

And this is just what the public CAN SEE....

last sentence in 1st paragraph reads "We are notifying you in advance because we have found many people like to know ahead of time that they will be contacted." Are you FUCKING KIDDING ?!?!?!? bullshit. neck. deep. You don't listen to anything else the public requests in majority so why would anyone EVER believe that? Come on, why don't you just say "Due to budget scrutiny, we need to waste $ on things TOTALLY UNNECESSARY to pad our budget." Looks like Tom, I mean Mr. Boop, will be getting another earful at breakfast this week....

(Monroe County)

Default Re: ATT: PGC-STOP WASTING $$

but it worked awesome for the US Census...

and why does it look like you just pulled that out of the trash?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lycoming County)

I received a very similar notice, but it was regarding hunting. I commemented to the Mrs. about the wastefulness.

Be safe (and tell me you are going to tell me. Tell me. Then tell me you told me).

Scott

(Union County)

Talking Re: ATT: PGC-STOP WASTING $$

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    I received a very similar notice, but it was regarding hunting. I commemented to the Mrs. about the wastefulness.

Be safe (and tell me you are going to tell me. Tell me. Then tell me you told me).
    Scott
    LMAO! yup. Thanks for mentioning the hunting survey advance notification , I think I should probably tell Tom that I am coming to breakfast shortly. Then when I get there, announce I am there, and then tell everyone before we leave that I was there. He will love it! LOL

(Union County)

Talking Re: ATT: PGC-STOP WASTING $$

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    and why does it look like you just pulled that out of the trash?
    Cuz I was so disgusted when I got it, i crumbled it and tossed it AT the trash can. When I missed, I took it as a sign I should call them out on their BULLSHIT.

(Montgomery County)

But, they need my $30 to use the public ranges because......

Government ineptitude at it's finest.

(Indiana County)

This happens in all levels of gubmint/bureaucratic controlled agencies.

My neighbor lost his job and applied for the heating assistance program and received a letter telling him they received his application.

According to an on line article I found, LIHEAP will help 600,000 families. So, not counting the people that send in an application, just these 600,000 receiving the letter @ .44 will cost the taxpayer $264,000 for a stupid letter. And that does not include the cost of the paper, printing, electricity, wages, ect...

According to the PGC website, there were 31,122 furtaker licenses sold in 2009, so assuming that all of those people got that letter, postage costs alone would be $13693.68 @.44

If "hunters" also got a letter, that number is 948,323 letters @.44 comes out to $417,262.12.

I would guess that not all hunters and trappers got hat letter, but even if a quarter of them did, that is still a huge amount of money to waste on a stupid assed letter announcing a survey.

Maybe instead of wasting money like this, they should go back to doing what they are supposed to be doing.

And what would be so wrong with sending out an email to hunters and trappers instead of snail mail, probably has to do with helping the postal service stay afloat...

(Chester County)

How is it a waste? It is a notification. The PGC needs your harvest numbers to put into their statistical surveying data.

The PTA supports the postal cost of these furbearer surveys. If you have a stint about how monies are being spent then I suggest you contact the PTA and voice your consern, if you are a member. Otherwise the PGC did not pay to have that letter mail. You should have your facts straight before jumping to conclusions.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    How is it a waste? It is a notification. The PGC needs your harvest numbers to put into their statistical surveying data.

The PTA supports the postal cost of these furbearer surveys. If you have a stint about how monies are being spent then I suggest you contact the PTA and voice your consern, if you are a member. Otherwise the PGC did not pay to have that letter mail. You should have your facts straight before jumping to conclusions.
    you realize what he posted is a NOTICE that he will receive ANOTHER mailing in the near future right? It serves no value at all.

If I was part of the PTA I'd be pissed that they wasted money like this
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Berks County)

Who mails things now a days? LOL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast