Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Olive Garden Corp. Policy

I've never had a problem at OG myself.

(Westmoreland County)

WOW, well thank you to those who actualy replied to my questions. Like Emptymag has stated its third party story telling and as I have stated my friend couldn't give me all the details but you get the gist of the story/questions.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBimmerGuy View Post
    he could have asked for a doggie bag.
    Where would you draw the line for that?

Say you go to a restaurant, get seated and have your order taken. 10 minutes later the waiter comes back with your food and drinks in a bag and the check, asking you to pay at the door on your way out.

You'd be OK with that?

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

You guys who are saying food was stolen needs to have their heads examined. Its plain and simple, they are asked to leave private property. You have to leave NOW from the way I understand the law or else you could be charged for trespassing. Not only that, they obviously don't care about your bill or they wouldn't have asked you to leave in the first place.

This is open and shut, the OPs friend did as good as anyone could have hoped for. The only thing better would be to say that you know OGs policy is to comply with state law and you WILL be informing the corporate office about this incident.
    [account deactivated]

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Racerxone View Post
    So a friend of mine was at the OG in Greensburg and said a guy was harassed buy a manager for OC'n and told to leave who then stormed out without payin for what they had already gotten. He couldn't give me alot of detail as he was distracted by his own company and food. Has anyone OC'd at Olive Garden In Greensburg or any OG for that matter? I thought Darden's corp. policy was to follow state law?
    Is your friend going to contact Olive Garden's corporate offices about the manager going against their corporate policy and harassing customers because of his beliefs? At the least, I'm sure he'll get a few free meals out of it if he tells his story well enough. If the manager has had other complaints, that just might be the straw that broke that camel's back.

I'll also agree that I would not consider leaving without paying to be stealing if he was told to leave. Hell, if he had finished his meal ten minutes prior and was just finishing the last sip of his last beer before asking for the check, I still wouldn't consider it stealing if he didn't pay after being told to leave.

(Philadelphia County)

He didn't steal the food. The profit margin there is probably 80 to 90 percent for the restaurant. The only person who got screwed is the waiter/waitress. Which is working stiff like me. If I was asked to leave I would leave, I would leave when requested to do. Then I would go home and write a strongly worded letter to their corporate office.
    Last edited by bob2055; April 5th, 2011 at 01:03 AM.

(Berks County)

Am I the only one who thinks this guy was removed for something other than OC? Seems to me if he's OC he would have been spotted long before it reached the point it did. If others have OC at this restaurant with no problem why would this guy have a problem? I suspect a guy who was OC did something that got him thrown out and it had little/nothing to do with OC.

JMO I CBW

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bob2055 View Post
    He didn't steal the food. The profit margin there is probably 80 to 90 percent for the restaurant.
    using your rationale it would be okay to go into a cvs and take some makeup without paying because they have a 80% markup on makeup.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave49 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this guy was removed for something other than OC? Seems to me if he's OC he would have been spotted long before it reached the point it did. If others have OC at this restaurant with no problem why would this guy have a problem? I suspect a guy who was OC did something that got him thrown out and it had little/nothing to do with OC.

JMO I CBW
    Most people don't notice someone OCing right away (if at all). It seems entirely plausible to me that he may have been sitting down with his strong side facing out and gotten spotted by the manager.

Did anyone say they've actually been to that Olive Garden before? I was under the impression that people have OC'd to other Olive Gardens, not specifically the one the OP mentioned. If so, there is different management at each location. Even if it was the same location, maybe that manager is new, never noticed OCer's before, or wasn't working during the time periods other people OC'd there.

Furthermore, there are countless stories on this forum alone of people being thrown out of places and/or harassed solely for OCing. I don't find it hard to believe at all.

However, you could be right. It just doesn't sound suspicious to me.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by max384 View Post
    Most people don't notice someone OCing right away (if at all). It seems entirely plausible to me that he may have been sitting down with his strong side facing out and gotten spotted by the manager.

Did anyone say they've actually been to that Olive Garden before? I was under the impression that people have OC'd to other Olive Gardens, not specifically the one the OP mentioned. If so, there is different management at each location. Even if it was the same location, maybe that manager is new, never noticed OCer's before, or wasn't working during the time periods other people OC'd there.

Furthermore, there are countless stories on this forum alone of people being thrown out of places and/or harassed solely for OCing. I don't find it hard to believe at all.

However, you could be right. It just doesn't sound suspicious to me.
    My post on the end of page one or start of second I have been there without incident. On many occasions about once a month for two years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123