Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Lock Haven PD are good eggs

Didn't mean to offend any body. That's just the saying that went around 25+ years ago when it was Lock Haven State. Maybe things have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Well, that's an offensive remark from someone that has never been there. Oh, and BTW, it is Lock Haven University and is highly regarded for the quality of the teachers that graduate from there. Maybe your "buddy" liked to party, but the people that I know that went there went for the education. No, I'm not a graduate of LHU but both my daughters are as is my son in law.
    I am LHU Alum and also Alum of a fraternity there... Yes people partied, yes people had fun... But the party people never lasted long with grades... People who actually went to school to learn did great! My fiancé graduated ranked #4 in the graduating class... She has a great teaching job to show for it. I was never great in high school, never dreamed of going to college. Well a few scholarships later and there I was and I did great.
    ΑΣΦ

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    Still, as much as we have negative posts about encounters I think those who don't violate our rights deserve some appreciation.
    I see what your saying there, T-bone, and I have said and done the same thing your doing now. But really, when you think about it, its messed up. Its like a wife thanking her husband each day for NOT abusing her because so many other husbands do it (verbal and physical). We shouldn't have to praise the good cops, but I guess we do because its human nature to at least recognize the few "good eggs" as you put it.

Glad to hear it though, I'll remember it the next time I'm in Lock Haven.

Take it easy.
    [account deactivated]

Any contact I've had with LHPD has been either positive or pretty non-eventful.

I've also had several positive experiences with the Clinton County Sheriff's Office. They are always cordial and laid back when I go in to renew my LTCF and I've even had some good, positive conversations with the Deputies from time to time.

I received sort of a strange letter in the mail a few weeks ago however. It stated I needed to renew my LTCF by a certain time and the strange things were: I had already renewed it two months prior to the letter and when I got the letter it stated my LTCF "will expire in December 2010"......I got the letter in February 2011.

I found that odd and a little late. I was going to call them but ended up not having a chance for about a week. I just disregarded the letter since I had already taken care of renewal anyway.
    Adapt, Adjust and Overcome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12