Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Remington 'Thunderbolt' .22LR JUNK!

Sorry if I offended any fans of this ammo. I gave up on it long ago. The last box I got is the LAST box!

No good at all in semi-auto rifle or pistol. I have been trying to burn up what I have left, thru bolt action .22 rifles and revolvers. Now I won't even trust it for revolvers.

Was firing my Heritage SA revolver 6 1/2 inch barrel today and had a couple misfires, always expected with this ammo.

Then one round was very loud for a .22, and I got a squib. Totally p!$$ed me off, had a hell of a time removing the cylinder.

Contemplating if I should send this pic to Remington. But what will they do? Send me more trash ammo?
    Low quality cell phone pic here--------

[IMG][/IMG]

And I still have to try to remove the squib. Only positive thing is that it is a lead round, no jacket.
    Just had to get off a rant! I spent the rest of the time firing my Beretta 92F, still had a great time.
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Remington 'Thunderbolt' .22LR JUNK!

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin Inhabitant View Post
    Sorry if I offended any fans of this ammo. I gave up on it long ago. The last box I got is the LAST box!

No good at all in semi-auto rifle or pistol. I have been trying to burn up what I have left, thru bolt action .22 rifles and revolvers. Now I won't even trust it for revolvers.

Was firing my Heritage SA revolver 6 1/2 inch barrel today and had a couple misfires, always expected with this ammo.

Then one round was very loud for a .22, and I got a squib. Totally p!$$ed me off, had a hell of a time removing the cylinder.

Contemplating if I should send this pic to Remington. But what will they do? Send me more trash ammo?
    Low quality cell phone pic here--------

[IMG][/IMG]

And I still have to try to remove the squib. Only positive thing is that it is a lead round, no jacket.
    Just had to get off a rant! I spent the rest of the time firing my Beretta 92F, still had a great time.
    Said the same here, and not just with Thunderbolts:

http://forum.pafoa.org/1518560-post-30.html

I had Remington "cash me out" with a refund check (even that was poorly done and drawn out) for the returned ammo I sent them.

(Northampton County)

My Marlin model 60 HATES this ammo. I stopped using it 20+ years ago. Other than that, no problems with the bolt action.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(York County)

I would contact Remington and send them a picture. I am sure they would give you some money.

I had a bad 22 short round and I sent the casing and the bullet to Remington and they paid for the damage to the gun and also sent my coupons for more ammo.

I agree total garbage. Small Pistol primers suck too. Only brand I ever had a problem with.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Berks County)

Irwin,

I respectfully suggest that you check the specific chamber in the cylinder in which that round split. The revolver you were using is of rather modest quality, right? Please don't be offended, but is it possible the particular chamber that round was in is out of spec?

Ray

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by d4xycrq View Post
    Irwin,

I respectfully suggest that you check the specific chamber in the cylinder in which that round split. The revolver you were using is of rather modest quality, right? Please don't be offended, but is it possible the particular chamber that round was in is out of spec?

Ray
    Yes, I agree it is not quite comparable quality to my other revolvers, Rugers, etc. I bought it just for a fun plinker and rodent exterminator.
    Heritage is Made in USA, Florida.

It is a 22LR/22 Mag combo. I have fired at least 2500 rounds of 22 LR thru it with NEVER any problems. Except for this particular ammo.

I will check it out, I already thought of that.
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

(Cumberland County)

Cool Re: Remington 'Thunderbolt' .22LR JUNK!

I stopped using remington 22 ammo years ago.Their 525 bulk pack really suck.
    Don't know what the hell they changed,but it should be back to the drawing
    board.

(Chester County)

Remington Thunderbolts are the single worst, by far, 22 ammo I've ever shot. They're dirty and have the highest FTF rate of anything I've ever used.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Franklin County)

No issues with it here. I have had many splits from a dif brand( in a rifle, revolver and semi, all same pack) but I dont remember the brand

I tend to mostly shoot this ammo (except when enjoying 22 shot shells, so fun for close range vermin) and have never had a split. Have had ftf though. Ill have to see if I can find out the brand I had all the issues with
    Last edited by leplat; April 6th, 2011 at 11:05 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast