Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default CC'd for the first time today, questions regarding when you carry

Hello friends and fellow Pennsylvanians,

I'm 23 and am 2 years into having a LTCF- but only recently has the money been freely available for me to get what I consider adequate equipment for CC (small-ish frame autoloader with a nice holster, all conceals very well and is comfortable- that's my definition of adequate) I intend to carry for the duration of the weekend and as often as I deem feasible from now on.

My question is as follows; (and this is all a theoretical question) Does anybody here carry in the workplace? I don't plan on doing it myself, not at this point in time anyhow.

What is your profession, how does your workplace view CC/OC/etc and how does it go for you?

I appreciate your info and have a nice Sunday.
    God Bless America

(Clinton County)

Default Re: CC'd for the first time today, questions regarding when you carry

I can not have a gun even in my car at work. I work at a Juvenile Detention Center. DPW started this several years back. If you are a visitor you can have one in your car. Our boss let us put them in lockers for a while but DPW said this was not allowed.

I OC or CC every where else I am allowed. My wife does not work there any more. So she carries her gun more then I do.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Butler County)

My business, small engineering firm, no written policy. I CC and permit my employees. However concealed means concealed. Also we operate on don't ask, don't tell.

If myself or an employee must visit a client then their policy rules.

(Allegheny County)

back in the stone ages before people worried about guns i carried at work.

If you work in a place big enough to have an HR department or an employee handbook, carrying is almost certainly forbidden.

(Bedford County)

I work for a school district.. so no
    I am not a lawyer !!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn & His Collie View Post
    I intend to carry for the duration of the weekend and as often as I deem feasible from now on.
    Just my two cents but if you are going to carry, you should carry all the time. It's going to be that one time you didn't think you'd need it and you will. Just something to think about. No one buys car insurance just for when they are going to go on a long drive, nor should anyone only carry when they think they are heading to a bad neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn & His Collie View Post
    My question is as follows; (and this is all a theoretical question) Does anybody here carry in the workplace? I don't plan on doing it myself, not at this point in time anyhow.

What is your profession, how does your workplace view CC/OC/etc and how does it go for you?
    Check with your workplace about this. Some places have written policies while others do not. If they have a written policy, you are probably out of luck. Mine does :-(.

(Lehigh County)

Unfortunately, I am unable to carry at work. Given my profession, and the need to change into cleanroom scrubs on a regular basis, it would be difficult to CC anything other than a pocket gun even if I was permitted. I do carry pretty much everywhere else, including when I'm out doing yard work, washing the car, etc...

(Carbon County)

I carry most places but not at or to work any longer. We did not have a policy against it until recently. The HR dept has re-wrote the handbook to make clear our companies weapons policy. And since I can drive into work in my car and not drive it home for 4-5 days I do not keep anything of value in it.. I do know of one person in our company who CC's I'm not about to out him, but I think He knows that I know.. Our company is a family based company who claims a high religious value as the reason for the weapons rules.

(Clinton County)

I cc all the time except for work. I can not have a fire arm in my car or on me at my place of employment.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast