Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fraud Alert!

(Montgomery County)

Exclamation Fraud Alert!

If you have purchased anything from Budsgunshop.com you should check your credit card for fraudulent activity immediately.

I recently purchased a handgun online from Buds and within a month my credit card was charged over $1500 for airline tickets to Dubai. I'm waiting for the paperwork to arrive from my credit card co to dispute the charges, but in the meantime Buds sent me a canned email stating they temporarily stopped processing credit cards because of numerous customers complaints. This confirms they are the source of the problem. I only used that card for 4 items in the last month.

Even if you haven't purchased anything from them in a while, you should still check your statements online. There is no way to tell (at this time) if the info was stolen from current online data within a limited period of time or from physical store theft (stolen computer or slips) in which every customer is a potential victim.

Good luck.

PS. I posted this in the General forum too because I felt it's too important to miss. Mods may delete one if they feel differently.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Fraud Alert!

A few days after my purchase at Bud's I bought a $900 plane ticket on Turkish Airlines and $400 worth of some other travel related nonsense. I received an email today from Bud's that said they were suspending credit card transactions for the weekend because there was a possibility they were hacked.

I'm guessing $900 would buy a hell of a seat on an airplane in Turkey.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear of this. I hope you both the best of luck in resolving the problems. The only thing I'm wondering...why the hell would anyone want to go to Turkey? Paris, Madrid, hell even Buffulo...but Turkey?
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Lancaster County)

Did you guys contact law enforcement? You should, you should also attempt to contact CS at the website, it's possible they don't know there's something going on.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Westmoreland County)

Law Enfocement, no. I would consider that a waste of tax payer resources. Even if I/we/they knew the identity of the person responsible, I would expect that person to live no where around here and even if they lived in an adjacent state I would not expect extradition. Big waste of time.

This sounds abrasive now that I read it. Didn't mean it that way.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1713 View Post
    Law Enfocement, no. I would consider that a waste of tax payer resources. Even if I/we/they knew the identity of the person responsible, I would expect that person to live no where around here and even if they lived in an adjacent state I would not expect extradition. Big waste of time.

This sounds abrasive now that I read it. Didn't mean it that way.
    Your local LEO's really can't do much about it, but since they're buying plane tickets to/from not so friendly nations, the FBI would probably be interested in it, and your local LEO's can pass that information along.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Westmoreland County)

I'll grant you it's possible Bin Laden used my Am Ex to fly to Istanbul. However, it's just as likey that I had a wealthy and recently deceased uncle in Nigeria whose assets I will never inherit without the secret assistance of the local prince who was nice enough to contact me via email.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Your local LEO's really can't do much about it, but since they're buying plane tickets to/from not so friendly nations, the FBI would probably be interested in it, and your local LEO's can pass that information along.
    ORIs are required to submit UCR stats to the Feds. That would be the extent of it, one of those 110s would be mine. It's more a statistical thing that anything. When you see on the news that crime dropped in one geographical area or rose in another, those submitted UCRs are where they're getting the numbers.

If I was interested in contacting the government for that purpose I would do so by IC3.

(Fayette County)

I wouldn't start blaming Buds for this right away. I cant find the news articles about it right now, but recently there was a HUGE number of cardholders info stolen.
    Im talking about gigabytes and gigabytes worth of peoples info stolen or hacked into.

Did you call your credit card company and ask them to give you the details of the purchase for the tickets?

*I want to make it clear I have no ties to Buds and have never heard of them before this post

"One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Bucks County)

i read on another gunboard about guys using buds and then having fraudulent charges on their credit cards. l don't order anything on-line using a credit card instead i call and place my orders by phone. if the website doesn't have a phone number to call i don't order anything from them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast