Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Thumbs up Mechanicsburg Ordnance

i have not seen this one listed so here it is. great small shop for handguns and a few long guns. they do internet transfers as well as person to person. if he does not have what you want he will order it in usually with no down payment. glock armorer on staff with parts in stock. owners name is Rich and the address is711 S. York St. Mechanicsburg Pa. 17055 ph. 717-766-9606. this shop is a 10 out of 10 give it a try.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Mechanicsburg Ordnance

There are a few threads for Mechanicsburg Ordnance, but this shop always deserves a good plug. This thread brings him back to the front page for a while so that people learn of a nice shop.
    Last edited by Neilthepilot; April 2nd, 2011 at 05:47 PM.

(Franklin County)

Does he have a lot of handguns in stock, hows the prices compared to others. Looking for a good place to deal with, its about 40 mins away, but I don't mind the drive if a good place.

(Cumberland County)

Talking Re: Mechanicsburg Ordnance

this is for problazer1987, rich usually has 70 or so handguns in stock. they range from the pocket 380s to full size 1911s. if you have a particular model or a caliber that you are interested in give him a call and see what he has at the moment. by the way it is a straight shot up 81 to mechanicsburg exit then straight down 114 to mechanicsburg thru town and shop is on righthand side behind barbershop. happy shopping, yours Red dog

(Cumberland County)

Exclamation Re: Mechanicsburg Ordnance

ooops, shop is on lefthand side. this is what happens when you get old. red dog

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    this is for problazer1987, rich usually has 70 or so handguns in stock. they range from the pocket 380s to full size 1911s. if you have a particular model or a caliber that you are interested in give him a call and see what he has at the moment. by the way it is a straight shot up 81 to mechanicsburg exit then straight down 114 to mechanicsburg thru town and shop is on righthand side behind barbershop. happy shopping, yours Red dog
    Thanks Red dog, I'll have to give him a shout, looking for a 1911 at this time. Maybe i'll get lucky.

(York County)

Thumbs up Re: Mechanicsburg Ordnance

I second that Rich is a really good guy. His prices are better than most of the places I've looked at. I ordered my wife's S&W 642ct from him; he got it in less than a week. It lists for $669, most places sell it for $599-650, and I paid about $550!!
    He's always up front (refreshing), he returns/answers calls ASAP (didn't know anyone did that anymore...), his "Box" Ammo prices are good (haven't talk to him about Bulk yet), I guess the only thing NOT great about his shop is maybe the location. His shop is really small, and not real easy to find (unless you know where "Artisan Stone" is, you'll probably drive by it the first time), but it is find-able. His door in on the North side of the building (the building faces West).
    I've only been dealing with Rich a short time, he's really polite, professional, and you always feel like you're his most important customer EVEN if you don't buy anything. His counter only has room for some of the HG's he carries, but he has lots in the safe. He also carries a little bit of everything, some ammo, reloading powder/bullets, holsters, targets, etc.
    Anytime I find something I like, I'll be calling Rich...

Jack

Monday & Friday 10am-5pm,
    Tuesday & Thursday 10am-5:30pm
    Wednesday 10am-6:30pm
    Saturday 10am-4:30pm
    MechanicsburgOrdnance@Verizon.Net
    Wife's CCW's - S&W 642ct & Kimber Micro carry. Match gun - Sig SS Match Elite in 9mm. My CCW - Sig compact 1911, My Match gun - S&W PC1911, .45's of course ...
    'Nam: '71-72 Helicopter Door Gunner, honored to have been an Air Asset for some of the toughest Warriors in Country, MAC-V-SOG out of CCN

Only been there once for a transfer, but yeah, nice place
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Cumberland County)

Recently he has mounted his display racks on the wall creating more space and added an additional safe to hold his expanding inventory of handguns.

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: Mechanicsburg Ordnance

to all you eastern pa. shooters rich will be at the philly gun show this weekend. first dealer inside the door on right. heres your chance to check out a good dealer from central pa. tell him pafoa sent you. be safe shoot straight, red dog