Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default RIA 1911 Range report

I wanted a 1911 as close to WWII GI as I could find. The RIA 1911A1 was it. I got the gun home last night and gave it a good cleaning. The internals were not really greasy but they were sticky. The fit and finish is good and the trigger is nice and breaks cleanly.
    I took it to the range today and put 85 rounds through it, some federal and some Winchester white box ammo. No fail to feed or fail to eject at all the gun shoots about 1 inch low but dead center left to right. I tend to shoot low so it maybe me with the fixed sights that come on the gun. I inspected the casings afterward and found scratches on the rim where the ejector grabs the rim. Nothing serious but some scratches.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: RIA 1911 Range report

They're an excellent gun. My buddy got one after i got my kimber custom target II. Every bit as good at half the price.

I found the trigger to be a really pleasant surprise when I got my RIA Compact. Those grips had to go though, haha!

I kinda like the grips. I do have some Cherry, Willow and some Butternut setting around I am thinking about using for some grips. I showed the Pistol to my Father in law. He was on Iwo Jima during WWII his first comment was the barrel looks a little thin to be any good. He is 94 and still pays real close attention to stuff like guns and how they are made.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Berks County)

I have an ARMSCOR-made Charles Daly Tactical-same maker, different finish...very underrated pistol, extremely accurate and very reliable.
    I know of several that have gone into the thousands of rounds, and several used successfully in competition against the "good name" pistols.

They are a real bargain.
    Check the RIA Owners forum on 1911.org for many other very happy owners.

mark
    Another armed Liberal veteran.