Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default See what the most powerful gun lobby group in America did for you today.

New Documents posted March 31, 2011
    1-800-392-8683
    www.nraila.org

Please forward this information to your family, friends, and fellow gun owners!

Oklahoma: House and Senate Vote Unanimously to Protect Lawful Firearm Retailers, Defy Mayor Bloomberg!

On Thursday, March 31, the Oklahoma House of Representatives voted 95 to 0 to prevent deceptive, illegal gun stings, such as those regularly conducted in other states by cronies of anti-gun billionaire New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

New York: Phillipstown Gun Rights Rally

The Town of Phillipstown, in Putnam County, has filed a gun control proposal which would prohibit carrying of firearms (even by those possessing unrestricted pistol licenses) in public buildings, on town properties, or any property that the town owns.

UPDATE: Alaskas House Finance Committee Reschedules Hearing on No-Duty-to-Retreat Legislation

The state House Finance Committee rescheduled its hearing on House Bill 80 for this Monday, April 4, at 6:00 p.m. HB 80 would remove the duty-to-retreat in Alaska.

North Dakota: Worker Protection Bill Awaiting Approval of Governor Dalrymple

On March 30, the North Dakota Senate passed House Bill 1438, worker protection legislation, by a 41 to 5 vote. This bill passed in the state House, without amendments, by a resounding bi-partisan 82 to 12 margin on February 21. Having been adopted by both chambers with tremendous bipartisan support, this important Second Amendment bill is now awaiting action by Governor Jack Dalrymple.

Ohio: House of Representatives Expected to Vote on Two Pro-Gun Bills Next Week

Next week, the House of Representatives is expected to vote on House Bill 45 and House Bill 54. Please contact your state Representative TODAY and urge him or her to support HB 45 and HB 54 when they come up for a floor vote next week. Let your state Representative know that these are two much needed pro-gun reforms for Ohioans. Contact information for your state Representative or help identifying your state Representative can be found here.

Kentucky: 2011 Legislative Wrap-Up

The Kentucky General Assemblys 2011 Regular Session adjourned on March 21. Three important Second Amendment-related bills passed in the Kentucky Legislature during this session. NRA-backed House Bill 1, a Right to Hunt and Fish Amendment, passed the state Legislature and will be on the November 2012 ballot. House Bill 308, which provides a pathway to restoring gun rights, and House Bill 313, which allows for concealed carry in a vehicles installed compartment, were both signed into law.

Indiana: Transport Permit Repeal Bill to be Heard Tomorrow and Parking Lot Bill to be Heard on Monday

Tomorrow, the House Public Policy Committee will hear Indianas Transport Permit Repeal bill. Please contact members of the House Committee on Public Policy and respectfully ask them to support SB 506. Today, the House Committee on Employment, Pensions and Labor passed SB 411 by a 11 to 1 vote. Please contact the Indiana House of Representatives TODAY, respectfully asking for their support of SB 411.

ALERT ** ROUND 15 ** STOP Local Governments from Violating State Law in Florida
    Senate Bill 402, introduced by state Senator Joe Negron (R-28) has been scheduled to be heard in the Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday, April 4 at 3:15pm. SB 402 would simply provide penalties for government officials, local governments and agencies that willfully and knowingly violate the state firearms preemption law. State law prohibits local governments and government agencies from adopting any gun control ordinances or regulations. There are some who are arrogantly violating the law because there are no penalties currently in the law.

Arkansas: Second Amendment Debate in Fayetteville

There will be a debate on the Second Amendment at Temple Shalom in Fayetteville this Saturday, April 2. The debate to be moderated by Northwest Arkansas Times editor Doug Thompson, is scheduled to begin at 1:30 PM. The format will include taking questions and comments from the audience, so please make sure that those who truly support the Bill of Rights and the Second Amendment are well represented at this debate. Temple Shalom is located at 699 North Sang Avenue in Fayetteville.

Missouri Annual Gun Rights Day Rally is Coming Up
    Mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 6, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon in the Missouri Capitol in Jefferson City. Join other Second Amendment supporters from around the state and hear from a variety of speakers, including Missouri elected officials who fight for your rights in Jefferson City. The Gun Rights Day Rally will take place in the first floor rotunda. Please plan to attend this event and show your support of the Second Amendment at the Missouri Capitol!

Mexican cartels get heavy weapons from Central America, U.S. cables say- Fox News
    The most fearsome weapons wielded by Mexico's drug cartels enter the country from Central America, not the United States, according to U.S. diplomatic cables disseminated by WikiLeaks and published here Tuesday by La Jornada newspaper. Items such as grenades and rocket-launchers are stolen from Central American armies and smuggled into Mexico via neighboring Guatemala, the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City reported to Washington.

Issa demands info on BATFE scandal from State Dept.- CBS News
    In an exclusive interview with CBS News investigative correspondent Sharyl Attkisson, House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R Calif.) demanded information from Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for information on the ATF scandal exposed by CBS News.

The 'America is arming Mexico's drug gangs' lie- Big Hollwood
    "There is an iron river of guns that flows South into Mexico [from the United States] to supply criminal organizations on the border," says Tom Mangan, senior special agent with Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) in Phoenix. "They are in the market for machine guns, hand grenades, rocket propelled grenade launchers and Stinger anti aircraft missiles," he continues. That's right. The drug gangs can't buy that and other military stuff like the 40MM grenades (the silver things in the upper left) and the rifles with launchers shown in the photo below in Mexico, so they drive to the United States and purchase them from American gun dealers at retail. Isn't that the story you've been told? Well, congratulations. America's First Amendment protected propaganda ministry has punked you on another important issue -- this time on behalf of dissembling officials and gun confiscation advocates.

False fears about concealed guns- The Chicago Tribune
    Experience is a dear teacher," said Benjamin Franklin, "but fools will learn at no other." Give some credit to fools: At least they eventually learn from experience. What would Franklin say about people who don't? By that, I refer to gun control advocates alarmed that the Illinois Legislature may vote to let licensed individuals carry concealed handguns.

Texas: Campus carry bill set for panel vote
    - The San Antonio Express
    A bill that would allow concealed handguns on college campuses is up for a vote today by the Texas Senate's Criminal Justice Committee.

North Dakota: Workers protection bill moves forward
    - The Associated Press
    North Dakota gun owners may soon be able to bring their firearms to work, provided they're kept locked in a car or truck. The state Senate voted 41 5 on Wednesday to approve legislation that says business owners can't ban someone from bringing a gun onto company property.

Rep. Young refuses Humane Society award- U.S. House of Representatives
    "HSUS are hypocrites, plain and simple, and I will not join them by accepting this award," said Rep. Young. "Local animal shelters and humane societies do excellent work by caring for neglected and homeless animals, and through their spaying and neutering programs. This organization, however, has absolutely nothing to do with animal welfare. Instead they prey on the emotions of big hearted Americans. They flash images of abused animals on our television screens to raise money that will eventually go to pay their salaries and pensions, not to helping better the lives of these animals. They run anti hunting and anti trapping campaigns and are of the same cloth as PETA and other extremist organizations.

Illinois: Bill to lengthen hunting season should get OK
    - The Daily Chronicle (DeKalb, Ill.)
    Illinois' deer population, once wildly out of control, seems to be on the path toward a manageable level, but the job is not finished yet. Many recommendations made two years ago by the Legislature's Joint Task Force on Deer Population Control were implemented after the deer population rose to an estimated 800,000 head. The Department of Natural Resources expanded the availability of hunting permits and lengthened certain secondary hunting seasons.

Slovakia: Parliament passes new gun law
    - The Slovak Spectator
    According to the new law, people who keep firearms will have to undertake an examination by a clinical psychologist. Periodic psychological tests (once every 10 years) will become a requirement for anyone wanting to carry firearms, including sports shooters, security staff and policemen who currently have civilian gun permits.

Default Re: See what the most powerful gun lobby group in America did for you today.

NRA Bashers posts are not welcome here.

Thank you

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: See what the most powerful gun lobby group in America did for you today.

I'm sure this was all the NRA's work too, and no State level groups drove any of these measures.

I appreciate the work the NRA does, hell that's why I send them money, but don't try to pretend that they don't claim other group's work as their own, because they damn well do.

That's not bashing, that's being bloody honest.

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    I'm sure this was all the NRA's work too, and no State level groups drove any of these measures.

I appreciate the work the NRA does, hell that's why I send them money, but don't try to pretend that they don't claim other group's work as their own, because they damn well do.

So you know with all certainty that NRA had absolutely no influence on any of that action?

Your claim of no bashing is more like hiding the truth and saying you didn't lie.

No NRA bashing here; read and become educated about what is being done/monitored on your gun rights behalf.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHead View Post
    So you know with all certainty that NRA had absolutely no influence on any of that action?
    That's what's known in English class as a logical fallacy, nice try but please re-read my post. Nowhere did I state that the NRA didn't have an impact on any of that, but you seem to be the one giving them 100% of the credit for work that, in reality, probably was driven by other groups as well.

Your claim of no bashing is more like hiding the truth and saying you didn't lie.

No NRA bashing here; read and become educated about what is being done/monitored on your gun rights behalf.
    The NRA isn't a perfect group, and your attempts to ignore legitimate criticism of it is obvious.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post

I'm an NRA RSO. They get my money because of that. ANd they have some good beginner classes.

Fighting for our rights? Not so much. The right to keep deer rifles and go hunting perhaps.

I'd rather send my dollars to FOAC.

THIS THREAD IS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF EDUCATING THE PEOPLE WHO THINK NRA HAS NO VALUE TO GUN OWNERS. IT IS CLEAR ON THIS FORUM THAT NRA IS NOT A VERY GOOD DEFENDER OF OUR RIGHT SO I AM POSTING THEIIR ACTIONS FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE IGNORANT.

THOUGH NRA IS NOT PERFECT AND PLEASING TO EVERYBODY THEY ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT DOING MORE FOR GUN OWNERS THAT ALL THE OTHER LOBBY GROUPS COMBINED SO I SEE THE GLASS AS 90% FULL WHERE TOO MANY HERE SEE THE GLASS AS 10% EMPTY.

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR THOSE WHO SEE THE GLASS AS 10% EMPTY; PEOPLE WHO ARE OF THAT PERSWASION WILL NEVER SEE IT.

Once again, thank you for your cooperation. NO DEBATES HERE.

By the way I'm an NRA Certified Instructor and RSO; that has nothing to do with funding the fight for gun rights.

Usually if you post something in a forum its open to debate. You cant say "No bashing or debating my position I AM RIGHT BECAUSE I USE CAPS LOCK AND I AM THE GRAND POOBAH OF THE WATER BUFFALO" really has no merit.

The NRA decided that IT is the ONLY gun lobby that government officials can negotiate with and all others are not worth listening to even though the NRA membership numbers are falling and the memberships of other groups are on the rise. I am sure that there was a great effort on the part of the NRA indirectly through members acting individually or in concerted effort with non NRA member gun owners but to claim every local 2A win as a result of the exclusive hard work of the NRA is delusional. The NRA has no interest in local munincipality law policy and has stated so. They have told members here that their focus is on National gun laws. A case in point, Where is the NRA in Philly?
    You don't want a debate then don't post. Actually the attitude that you display really kind of reflects the attitude of the NRA.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; April 1st, 2011 at 08:45 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHead View Post
    NRA Bashers posts are not welcome here.

Thank you
    Dude, are you for real? You post this, and then expect to NOT get debate and argumentative responses on an Internet forum, a forum which does it's best to encourage discussion and debate?

Since you just want us to be spoon-fed what you're dishing out, and don't seem interested in dicsussion, then there's no need to keep this thread open.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas