Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Disgusted with what I had to do

I work at a local sign shop in NEPA making all kinds of signs and we do a lot of business with a certain mall downtown. Well we just got an order to make a bunch of those damn "Firearms Prohibited" stickers. I'm sad to say that being my job, I actually had to produce these ridiculous things so that they can post them up all over. So if there are any patrons of this mall here (not too hard to figure out which one) rest assured that the premises will be secure from those crazy gunmen and all other criminal activity . The gun in the image they wanted doesn't even look like a real gun. It might vaguely resemble an uglier version of a high point but it was their graphic. Some extra ones came out in the production process which we'll sometimes just give to customers, but I made sure any extras quickly found their way to the trash where they belong.

Ok... so I kept one for myself. You never know when you might need to set up a gun free zone to ward off those bad guys:

(Allegheny County)

Cool Re: Disgusted with what I had to do

Make 'em instead, featuring a hippie with open arms saying, "Welcome CRIMINALS!"

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Disgusted with what I had to do

A better sign would've been "Criminals prohibited" No wonder that mall is going down the toilet.

(Bucks County)

I had a tee shirt printed that says “Don’t rob me” that I wear every time I go out and I haven’t had a problem since. I so glad we have such polite criminals her in PA.

(Allegheny County)

Heh. Regarding the cheesy gun graphic... unless the artist is familiar with them, that's what happens. Back when that type of art was mostly done by hand it used to be very common to see gun silhouettes that were so "wrong" it wasn't even funny. Now, a quick Google search gives one an accurate image to base your art on, but even then, you will often times see the wrong TYPE of firearm used. (Ex: a scoped rifle in a "duck hunting" application)

Back during the first Gulf war, one of the art image companies that we used at work started churning out "patriotic" art to be used in advertising. I shook my head when I saw a VERY impressively done, semi-realistic, color graphic that consisted of a grouping of US military vehicles (a Bradley, a Hummer, and an Apache), and troops, with a HUGE US flag waving in the background. Too bad the TROOPS were BRITISH! Their rifles were British, as were the helmets, and camo pattern on the BDUs - with US FLAG on the shoulder!

Ugh.

I emailed them my concerns about how offensive that could be to those who know better. They thanked me for my concerns and had the graphic updated within a day or so.
    Last edited by Emptymag; April 1st, 2011 at 11:36 AM.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by G19 View Post
    I had a tee shirt printed that says “Don’t rob me” that I wear every time I go out and I haven’t had a problem since. I so glad we have such polite criminals her in PA.
    I hear that's particularly effective with the PPD.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

There was very little reason to set foot in the STEAM-ing pile of vacant stores that is the TOWN's mall to begin with, but now I'll make sure my evil gun and I avoid it altogether next time I'm there.

(Adams County)

It's business, don't take it personally. Buy a new carry gun at the profit made from the anti-gun stickers, and smile with irony every time you strap it on.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Heh. Regarding the cheesy gun graphic... unless the artist is familiar with them, that's what happens. Back when that type of art was mostly done by hand it used to be very common to see gun silhouettes that were so "wrong" it wasn't even funny. Now, a quick Google search gives one an accurate image to base your art on, but even then, you will often times see the wrong TYPE of firearm used. (Ex: a scoped rifle in a "duck hunting" application)

Back during the first Gulf war, one of the art image companies that we used at work started churning out "patriotic" art to be used in advertising. I shook my head when I saw a VERY impressively done, semi-realistic, color graphic that consisted of a grouping of US military vehicles (a Bradley, a Hummer, and an Apache), and troops, with a HUGE US flag waving in the background. Too bad the TROOPS were BRITISH! Their rifles were British, as were the helmets, and camo pattern on the BDUs - with US FLAG on the shoulder!

Ugh.

I emailed them my concerns about how offensive that could be to those who know better. They thanked me for my concerns and had the graphic updated within a day or so.
    Remember the Democrat politician who used military graphics about "soldiers wanting soldiers to watch their backs," or some such nonsense? I think it was this past election season, from North Carolina. Anyway, the soldiers in the picture were reenactors in Waffen SS uniforms.

ETA: Here it is, Tim Spear, North Carolina:

Last edited by crlovel; April 1st, 2011 at 12:16 PM.

(Schuylkill County)

The only place I went down there anyway was A&F... And that can be done online... Nobody goes there anyway except for little teenies and creepers anymore.
    III%