Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Rant about Handgunner

This is souly my experience on the matter. I've heard nothing but good things Handgunner so I figured I'd give him a try... Bought some powder from him for cheap and then.......
    he said he could get a Barrel for me for my handgun for $140/$145. It was cheaper than any other place w/ a ETA of 1 week.
    Then, after a week I called an wasn't there, so I gave another couple of days... Still wasn't there.... so on and so on... Until almost a month went by and finally I called and it was there. (Yeap, Thanks for calling me when it came in)
    So I go in...
    Now the price is $170 and the barrel isn't the same as my old one. (Supposed to be a storm lake, but doesn't have the regular stormlake emblem on it, so idk what kind it really is. However, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and say that Storm Lake Updated their emblem)
    One of the guys behind the counter didn't know what he was talking about when I said that I wanted to make sure that barrel is Match Grade... He said they don't make match grade, and they don't advertise them match grade either.... So after complaining a little more he got Randy and Randy looked up the price and I don't even think he could find it but I saw that their magazine said MATCH GRADE BARRELS from Storm Lake.... (The guy clearly didn't know what he was talking about)
    Also, I told him it seemed like alot of $$ for a barrel that's not even top-notch like Bar-Sto (which makes their own barrels in house by one person)
    Randy didn't move on the price at all for me considering the facts:
    1. Raised price from $140/145 to $170
    2. Took how long to finally get my barrel in after saying it was only gonna be a week
    3. Didn't give me a call when it came in, I had to call them

Needless to say, they do have some cheap prices, but beware not to get ripped off like me. I will never step foot in there again.
    ^^ Is just my 02 cents, my opinion, and I am in no way, shape, or form a lawyer.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Rant about Handgunner

Well, first of all, I am surprised by this post. Considering I was standing right there when you came in to the shop, I feel I should fill in a few items that you left out. You were kinda acting like a jerk when you got there. You were very argumentative and accusing from the start. You told them that you wanted a storm lake barrel and were angry that instead they ordered a efk barrel which was more expensive. The barrel came in a Brownell's package, which is where Randy ordered it from. It was labeled as an SL barrel, which is Brownell's abbreviation for Storm Lake. When Randy came out from the back you were still being very loud and demanding as he was trying to sort out what was what. After identifying the barrel as a Storm Lake, you wanted him to guarantee that it was "match grade", which he could not do as SL does not offer a "match grade" for the Glock. Randy referenced the invoice to verify the price and it was indeed $170. He politely told you that you did not have to buy it if you did not want to as he saw you were concerned about the price. You said you needed it anyway and bought it. Then you come on here to complain about it. They are a very busy shop and I agree they should call when it came in if they said they would do so. Whenever I have ordered something they tell me to check back each week which I do. I noticed on Brownell's site that there are SL barrels for Glock's on backorder so I am sure that was the delay in it coming in. Again, if you did not like the outcome or the price he politely gave you an out to not buy it.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisazo1 View Post
    Well, first of all, I am surprised by this post. Considering I was standing right there when you came in to the shop, I feel I should fill in a few items that you left out. You were kinda acting like a jerk when you got there. You were very argumentative and accusing from the start. You told them that you wanted a storm lake barrel and were angry that instead they ordered a efk barrel which was more expensive. The barrel came in a Brownell's package, which is where Randy ordered it from. It was labeled as an SL barrel, which is Brownell's abbreviation for Storm Lake. When Randy came out from the back you were still being very loud and demanding as he was trying to sort out what was what. After identifying the barrel as a Storm Lake, you wanted him to guarantee that it was "match grade", which he could not do as SL does not offer a "match grade" for the Glock. Randy referenced the invoice to verify the price and it was indeed $170. He politely told you that you did not have to buy it if you did not want to as he saw you were concerned about the price. You said you needed it anyway and bought it. Then you come on here to complain about it. They are a very busy shop and I agree they should call when it came in if they said they would do so. Whenever I have ordered something they tell me to check back each week which I do. I noticed on Brownell's site that there are SL barrels for Glock's on backorder so I am sure that was the delay in it coming in. Again, if you did not like the outcome or the price he politely gave you an out to not buy it.
    Great to see a second side of the story!! People always seem to forget there are 2 sides.

(Montgomery County)

Ok, well I'm not here to argue, thats the last thing I want to do. I don't think I was being loud or arguementitive, after all how big is his shop? It's not very hard to over hear other peoples conversations.

Secondly, it seems storm lake may have changed their logo for their barrels so I couldn't verify it. If you think I'm wrong for bringing it to question then oh well. You may be a routine customer (as it seems) and just feel like sticking up for him.

Thirdly, You state Storm lake does not make Match Grade Barrels for Glock...
    Check out this link:
    http://www.storm-lake.com/model_gl

I suggest you know what your talking about before you post.

Now like I said, I don't/didn't mean to come on here and bash a local shop, thats not my intention. I've stated everything that happened truthfully, my only intention was to let others know my experience. I never told anybody to not go to his shop, I just said to beware of not getting ripped off.

The price was $140-145, not $170. If he knew it was going to be more, then he should have let me know, after all the reason I went there in the first place was because of his low prices and all the good things I hear, plus he said he can get it in a week. If he knew it was on backorder, he could have said something.
    ^^ Is just my 02 cents, my opinion, and I am in no way, shape, or form a lawyer.

(Lehigh County)

Gee, guess you are right with the link. I was referring to the fact that Brownell's does not identify any of the Glock Storm Lake barrels as being "match grade", not that I noticed anyway. Did he look up the price and quote you an exact price at $140 or just say that he thought it would be around that price? Guess he could have misquoted but shit happens. How do you think he could sell it to you for less than Brownell's charges for just the barrel without the shipping costs? As I stated before, if you did not like the price he was more than willing to let you walk away. I am a regular customer of MANY gun shops, not necessarily Randy's. You came in knowing more than anyone there and sounds like you still do. I am sure he will not miss your business... just order it online next time. I am mostly concerned that you are warning others to beware of getting ripped off. How exactly did you get ripped off, because he sold you a $170 barrel for $170? That's confusing to me.... I am done here.
    Last edited by chrisazo1; April 3rd, 2011 at 11:03 AM.

(Montgomery County)

No problem. It seemed to me like he looked it up when I first called, cause if i remember correctly it took a min or 2. I don't mean to make a big deal about it, after all it is only $30 more, my concern was the whole deal overall. I don't mind spending more if I don't have to wait, if I can help a local shop, and have a good experience.
    I would have liked him to see him help me on the price tho for my troubles.
    This is solely my opinion here, but I believe since Randy is a dealer he gets things at a lower cost from Brownell's or from any place cheaper because he has to make money too. So I don't know, I couldn't wait another couple weeks for a barrel to come in from another shop for the same or more expensive price so I said I'll take it anyway.

Chris, I hope you didn't take anything personal, I didn't mean for it. Sorry if you did. I like Handgunner, don't get me wrong, I just had a bad experience and felt I should share. I wish things would have went better but too late now.

Chris, What do you think of Golden Trigger? I'm just curious.

(Lehigh County)

Lol. I really don't take anything personally unless you talk about my family. Just wanted to voice on the other side. I too prefer to support local small businesses as I grew up in a family business. I have no ties or allegiance to any one shop. Golden Trigger is another thread that I don't agree with. PM if you have any specific questions there.

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: Rant about Handgunner

Quote Originally Posted by rockkrawler628 View Post
    Randy didn't move on the price at all for me considering the facts:
    1. Raised price from $140/145 to $170
    2. Took how long to finally get my barrel in after saying it was only gonna be a week
    3. Didn't give me a call when it came in, I had to call them

Needless to say, they do have some cheap prices, but beware not to get ripped off like me. I will never step foot in there again.

So why did you buy it, then come here and whine about your own bad decision?

They are a very busy shop and I agree they should call when it came in if they said they would do so.

How busy could they really be? They're in East Bumf*ck, Berks County, fer crissakes. I've been to Topton.....you blink and you'll miss the whole town.

Too busy to call a paying customer, in order to tell him to come pay them?

That's just lame.

(Montgomery County)

So why did you buy it, then come here and whine about your own bad decision?

Well, I needed the barrel due to mine being worn, accuracy w/ storm lake, and I was on a time constrant as I will be training very soon.

Secondly, I was not whining and I did not make a bad decision. Don't come here and start trouble. If I wouldn't have gotten it, I would have to wait even longer and most likely have paid the same or more.

Third,
    "How busy could they really be? They're in East Bumf*ck, Berks County, fer crissakes. I've been to Topton.....you blink and you'll miss the whole town.

Too busy to call a paying customer, in order to tell him to come pay them?

That's just lame. "

I completely agree

I personally like the shop and Randy...I don't like the meathead he has working in the shop. The dude beat up my friends NS when he installed it onto my friend's XD45.

I still don't know why the OP just didn't order the barrel himself. If I need to buy a part that does not require an FFL to do it...I am going to get it myself and install it myself. Why go through the hassle of driving to get to Randy's shop if it can be shipped directly to your home?

Bummer that you felt like you had bad service...and it's your right not to shop there...I just know that Randy's work is excellent and I will continue to give him my business.