Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Dan Frankel sucks !

I live in Squirrel Hill and my state rep is
    Dan Frankel.
    dfrankel@pahouse.net
    412-422-1774

So I got my issue of the Squirel Hill Magazine in the mail today with an article from him. I tried to scan it to just post it all, but couldnt seem to get that to work right. The whole article is on the recent gun crap laws they have been trying to push. A few choice excerpts:

On "one gun a month":
    "As the post-gazette noted recently, that would still be 24 new handguns per yaer for a married couple, and the limit would not effect shotguns or rifles used to hunt deer and other animals. Handguns are used to hunt humans.

And then:
    "Your community can vote to go "dry" on liquor licenses, but you and your neighbors have no control over deadly handguns."

Please write this ass. I write him ALL THE TIME and I am sure any letter or e-mail from me just goes right in the trash. We are getting close (a few years) to buying a house and one part of me wants to get the hell outta here, but the other part loves my community and neighborhood and if I leave then who will vote against this asshole!
    The simple and direct wording of our state consitiution should be enough, but not with people like this in office who think their opinion should be law.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Dan Frankel sucks !

Shawn you have my sympathy, you are right about Frankel position on gun control.

If you want to have some fun some time set up office meeting with your Rep, and make sure Kim Stolfer is coming along with you. Frankel has been promising to meet one on one with Kim Stolfer for several years now and will do almost anything or go to any length just to dodge talking with Kim.

In fact Dan Frankel had promised to do a TV phone interview with Mike Pintek on Pittsburgh’s Night Talk from Harrisburg and was confirmed for Tuesday Dec 11,2007 at 4pm that day by TV producer. Then Rep Frankel found out that he was going to be debating Kim on the gun issues, and had his staff call up TV program at 6pm to cancel interview and flat a$$ lied, saying that the house was still in session that night so he was not able to do the interview while the house was in session. Kim got the phone call from TV producer with Dan Frankel canceling interview. Kim, call house leadership and found out that the house had recessed around 4:45 for the day. This was bought up on the TV show with Mike Pentek, All of that just to avoid a little debate with Kim Stolfer that has the facts on our side……
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; December 18th, 2007 at 11:19 AM.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    Please write this ass. I write him ALL THE TIME and I am sure any letter or e-mail from me just goes right in the trash.
    I think that's the way it is with all of them, actually

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Allegheny County)

Shawn,
    Most of my customers are in Squirrel Hill and when election time rolls around all I see is a sea of frankel signs in everyones front lawns. I've talked to most of my customers about firearm ownership and I'd say the majority are interested.
    I don't know if any really think about what could happen if a power failure hits for say 2 days and their alarms don't work and 911 is overloaded(if your from around there then you know what the issues are.)
    I still ask them why they live in the city.............?

(Allegheny County)

I drive through Squirrel Hill every night on my way home from work. You guys have some shady neighbors. I'd be nervous (and heavily armed) if the lights went out.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Allegheny County)

i've lived in Sq Hill for all of my life minus 2 years of college. I also grew up with frankel's kids. He ran a pretty tight house and i find it ridiculously funny to see how his kid ended up. I hadn't seen him since middle school and ran into him at an eat n park and o man... dyed hair, mohawk, tight girl jeans. I barely even recognized him. Anyway, for someone as uptight on gun laws, maybe he should focus a little more on things closer to home.

‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    I drive through Squirrel Hill every night on my way home from work. You guys have some shady neighbors. I'd be nervous (and heavily armed) if the lights went out.
    ???

sq. hill isn't a bad neighborhood at all. i lived there for about 10 years...it was a great neighborhood...very family and community oriented, no trouble bars or teenage hangouts (there are teenagers, of course, but they are pretty much all the children of upscale yuppies who don't really cause trouble). people don't generally come from other neighborhoods to party (though they do come to shop some). in my experience, it is a pretty peaceful, friendly, vibrant place.

and there aren't really any "bad neighborhoods" nearby.

what shady neighbors are you talking about?

just curious to hear your point of view because it is completely different from my experiences there.

(this is in contrast to say, shadyside--where i also lived for a couple of years--which is also an upscale neighborhood, but much more prone to trouble.)

oh...and yeah, frankel sucks...which is kinda like saying the sun rises in the east.

Smile Re: Dan Frankel sucks !

Thank god I moved to New Hampshire !!!!!!!!!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by nyteflyre View Post
    Thank god I moved to New Hampshire !!!!!!!!!!!
    free state project?

Red face Re: Dan Frankel sucks !

Just retired.Pennsy is best but the Taxes in Bensalem,Pa were getting out of hand and having Fast Eddie for Gov Sucks!!!!!!!!!Plus I can shoot on the Property ,Thats a big plus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast