Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Ready,Aim, Fire or Classic Pistol?

Hi,

Which one of these ranges is the most modern, better ventilation system,
    nicer lanes and better staff?

Thanks.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Ready,Aim, Fire or Classic Pistol?

Me having been a member of both I'm a BIG fan of R A F. Nice staff more lanes to shoot. Buy your ammo at walmart because there ammo is $$$
    I'm sure other guys will jump in on this.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by pine creek View Post
    Which one of these ranges is the most modern, better ventilation system, nicer lanes and better staff?
    These are all highly subjective. I'd recommend trying both of them out for yourself and see what your experience is like. Hell, try them each out twice (once a weekend and once on a week day) to see what you think. If you post your experiences, you can get some feedback on how typical it was and how your impressions jive with those of other people. There is no One Best Fit for everyone, so while I may think Classic is the bee's knees (and I do!), Glocking26 feels RAF is superior. We could both be right, according to our own priorities, interests, and needs.

If you have specific questions about each place, ask away. I'm sure you'll get plenty of feedback about both.
    Last edited by FNG19; March 29th, 2011 at 10:52 PM.

I used to shoot at classic quite a bit until I went to R.A.F. I find that the target tracks at Classic always seem to jam on me. Out of the two, R.A.F.

A nice range, with a decent priced and nice ammo selection would be Claytons on 611 across from the Navy base.

They just put in a super nice, brand new range, and always have a nice selection of decent priced ammo on a big shelf in the middle of the store. 9mm Blazer Lawman FMJ costs $25 at R.A.F., I found it for $12 at Claytons.

(Pike County)

If you are looking for the indoor range, then Clayton's definitely worth a shot (pun not intended). Just make sure you don't interact with anyone else but Ed (the younger guy who usually runs the range). He is very nice and approacheable, while the rest of the staff sometimes arrogant and look down at the new people.

And only walmart can beat their ammo prices.
    Je suis déplorable

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    If you are looking for the indoor range, then Clayton's definitely worth a shot (pun not intended). Just make sure you don't interact with anyone else but Ed (the younger guy who usually runs the range). He is very nice and approacheable, while the rest of the staff sometimes arrogant and look down at the new people.

Not exactly a rave review for them.

(Bucks County)

i've never shot at RAF but i have been in there to complete a transfer and from what i could see it was an OK facility. i absolutely love classic pistol because they keep the range clean, good venilation system, friendly knowledgable staff, great owner, great selection of firearms and accessories plus you can shoot handguns, rifles, full auto, and any caliber from 22 cal all the way up to 30 caliber bullets. i don't believe RAF is set up for rifle rounds but i could be mistaken but regardless my vote goes to classic pistol without a doubt.

(Montgomery County)

Yes, I am raising this thread from the dead, because I have the same question, but today.

My Sister-in-Law and my Niece live about halfway between these two ranges and have asked me to take them shooting.

I've introduced three people to shooting sports this year but all were local to me and I took them to my home range. Logistically it would be easier for me to go up to their house and rent time at a local range. I need to do it fairly soon as my Niece leaves for college in a few weeks.

Anyone's thoughts on these ranges? Which would be better for our visit?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Yes, I am raising this thread from the dead, because I have the same question, but today.

My Sister-in-Law and my Niece live about halfway between these two ranges and have asked me to take them shooting.

I've introduced three people to shooting sports this year but all were local to me and I took them to my home range. Logistically it would be easier for me to go up to their house and rent time at a local range. I need to do it fairly soon as my Niece leaves for college in a few weeks.

Anyone's thoughts on these ranges? Which would be better for our visit?
    I'm local to both and have been to both multiple times. I tend to favor Classic Pistol because they allow both rifle and handgun in their lanes, whereas the last time I was at RAF it was pistol calibers only.

I would say it really depends on what you plan on firing.

(Bucks County)

I had a membership at RAF up until a year ago; went once a week. One of the reasons I let it lapse was the ventilation system. The place was always smoky, dusty, and uncomfortable. Maybe it has changed.

I've been to Classic a few times for training and casual competitions - so maybe 10 visits. It was always clean.

FWIW, RAF is okay during weekdays - mostly retired and otherwise active folks who are not still in bed during daylight hours. But I wouldn't take a GF or kids there on a weekend. Lots of off-the-street trade and sketchy looking people who rent a gun. Some didn't know which end of the gat goes bang.

I don't want to worry whether the guy showing off for his date in the next lane is going to send an errant round my way. But that's just me - I'm fussy that way.

Stop by each of them and see for yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast