Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Ran into some High School friend while OC...

Wow, what idiots!

And this is exactly what so many people comment on, gun owners AND NRA members that have no respect for others gun rights.

I swear if we got all the freaking NRA members that were only hunters and could actually get them ALL to think correctly about the 2A we might stand a chance but as long as so many 'hunter' have no respect for others 2A rights we are doomed.

(Monroe County)

Sounds like a bunch of low functioning fudds, kind of like the people who actually support anti 2a bills.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Indiana County)

Since no one else has mentioned it, I will:

But, but, think of the children!

(Butler County)

that was a great post. Too bad the children were present during the violent act of purchasing too much ammo. you should know better Kids can only take ammo in small doses

(Venango County)

Ok, lately I have seen posts about the Declaration meaning nothing.

The Declaration is a legal document of seperating from England, and the general reasons for any nation/people to reset government.

It lays a historical context and pretext for the intent regarding the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution that followed. Even the Articles are important as they were too weak to form a federal government. In context, they all play a role in understanding the Constitution and how we got here today in a legal sense.

This is also why reading the Federalists and anti-Federalists papers and other historical writings is so important. It provides perspective so that people will not do what Hamilton was afraid they would do if you enumerated specific rights in the Constitution, "Why declare things illegal for the Federal government to do when there is no justification or legal basis to do those things in the limited outline of the Constitution? Someone will constructively use the fact of enumeration as a reason to be able to repeal those rights someday." (I was lazy and in a hurry so that was a paraphrase)

Hamilton raised an important point and: 1) This is exactly why some people think you can change the Constitution's Bill of Rights when you can't, only other follow-on amendments can be changed or we can add more. 2) Since Hamilton stated this publicly and in writing, we have a clearer understanding not only of the argument against enumeration of rights in the Constitution, but why we can fight anyone who wishes to change the Bill of Rights.

I am definitely not of the mind to wholely cast off any document beyond the Constitution. Sometimes we need context to clearly understand the law and to follow its intent when applying the law in court or in forming new laws legislatively.
    Last edited by TaePo; March 27th, 2011 at 05:13 PM.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Gees sounds like you were being interrogated by LE. Theres nothing unlawful about buying lots of ammo. More ammo makes me happy

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Ok, lately I have seen posts about the Declaration meaning nothing.

The Declaration is a legal document of seperating from England, and the general reasons for any nation/people to reset government.

It lays a historical context and pretext for the intent regarding the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution that followed. Even the Articles are important as they were too weak to form a federal government. In context, they all play a role in understanding the Constitution and how we got here today in a legal sense.

This is also why reading the Federalists and anti-Federalists papers and other historical writings is so important. It provides perspective so that people will not do what Hamilton was afraid they would do if you enumerated specific rights in the Constitution, "Why declare things illegal for the Federal government to do when there is no justification or legal basis to do those things in the limited outline of the Constitution? Someone will constructively use the fact of enumeration as a reason to be able repeal those rights someday." (I was lazy and in a hurry so that was a paraphrase)

Hamilton raised an important point and: 1) This is exactly why some people think you can change the Constitution's Bill of Rights when you can't, only other follow-on amendments can be changed or we can add more. 2) Since Hamilton stated this publicly and in writing, we have a clearer understanding not only of the argument against enumeration of rights in the Constitution, but why we can fight anyone who wishes to change the Bill of Rights.

I am definitely not of the mind to wholely cast off any document beyond the Constitution. Sometimes we need context to clearly understand the law and to follow its intent when applying the law in court or in forming new laws legislatively.
    I agree, especialy with statement I put in bold. It also applies when someone wants to know about a specific law at state level, we should look at previous similar cases that had a judgement made. That way we can see what has already happened instead of trying to interpret what could happen.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Northampton County)

Tell me these aren't the two guys you were planning to bring to the next shoot

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Tell me these aren't the two guys you were planning to bring to the next shoot
    ungawa...when are we going shooting again?

(Butler County)

I can put more rounds than that through my USP9c in a single visit to the range.. I don't understand how 500 rounds is 'a lot'.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast