Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: My first police run-in of this OC season.... At denny's :-)

This reminds me of an encounter that Pennsy had in a diner a while back, he walked in OC and there was a table full of cops. If I remember correctly (and I may not) one of them said something about an LTCF to which Pennsy replied "well since it's a pretty darn good bet I didn't walk here yes I have one"

There in lies a little 'gotcha' that could very well be used in 'less than urban' areas. If the place you are at is someplace that needs to be driven to to be at then there's a huge glaring loophole because the PD knows you had to drive to get there and to drive there OC you must have your license (actually both of them).

Just something to ponder. Personally I think the OP did fine and HE made the decision to show the PD his license. Again personal decisions we each have to make each time we have an encounter.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by G23neverjams View Post
    Officer: *again, very simple version of this question. His was far nicer with asking though * Do you two have your LTCF's?

Me and Joe: Yep. (we handed over our LTCF's and no, he didn't ask for ID's at all during the incident.
    Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    There was no reason for the cop to ask for your LTCFs since you were OCing, sitting in a restaurant.

I don't see where the cop asked to see their LTCF. He asked if they had them and instead of answering "yes", they whipped them out to show him.

Their young. Give them a break. If someone walked in with a six inch ruler and asked them how long their penis was they'd probably whip them out to prove the ruler was too short. They did alright.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Lehigh County)

+1 on your buddy's PX Storm.

The proper response to "Do you two have your LTCF's" is:

"You don't need a LTCF to OC."

You can bet he remembered your names and ran them when he got to his car. He may leave after that reply only to wait for you to leave and pull you over when you got in a vehicle OCing. Is he still a good cop?

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: My first police run-in of this OC season.... At denny's :-)

Quote Originally Posted by 1iarrowking View Post
    If someone walked in with a six inch ruler and asked them how long their penis was they'd probably whip them out to prove the ruler was too short. They did alright.
    I'd have to fold mine in half to prove the same thing.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yentl Marmelstein View Post

2. Miller Lite? On the periodic chart of the elements, Miller Lite is closer to being water than to being beer.
    Cop did good! And as Dalton pointed out, cop was also smart to check for LTCF (driving). I'm sure there were no horses outside.

Only fail, and Yentl brought it up. But I guess there are worse ways you can punish yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Cop did good! And as Dalton pointed out, cop was also smart to check for LTCF (driving). I'm sure there were no horses outside.

Only fail, and Yentl brought it up. But I guess there are worse ways you can punish yourself!
    With that thought process of jump to conclusions, hopefully the officer checked his car registration and proof of insurance as well, after all there were cars outside

Open Carry is not RAS for a stop. Period
    Any conversation or request for documentation is unwarranted

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    With that thought process of jump to conclusions, hopefully the officer checked his car registration and proof of insurance as well, after all there were cars outside

You're referring to my beer comment, right?!!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: My first police run-in of this OC season.... At denny's :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Yes, and Bud Lite comes to mind!

(York County)

Now that I'm not utterly tired... lol

Yes, I realize that OC'ing is not a RAS. And yes, I realize that I don't gotta show the cop anything. I preach that to the highest hills to all of the friends that know I OC and ask me about it. And up to this point, I have never given my ID or my LTCF to anyone to "resolve" an OC event (that I can remember) lol

I think I failed to mention that the cop was actually appologizing the whole time about it. Yes, denny's was somewhere that we couldn't have walked to and the reason that we talked as we did was that I think the cop was genuinely sorry that he had to disturb us. He wanted to get out of there and it was obvious. Either cause he didn't want to have to bother us, or because there were two guys with guns besides him lol

Regardless, whoever said it was right, the cop didn't ask us to show our LTCF's but Joe had followed my lead (as I told him to since he's new to OC encounters... Especially with LE) on everything but this. He started to pull out his license as soon as the cop said something and since he did, I figured screw it , not gonna be be the best to deny him mine since Joe was already pulling his out. Easiest and quickest way was just going to be to hand it to him.

Overall, it basically was a non event. Probably because Joe and I cooperated with the LEO but at least it prooves you can get through at least some LE encounters without being "overly" harrassed....

Hope that cleared a little more up now that I'm a little more awake...
    G23neverjams
    Larry C. S.
    Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human. Always carry a weapon!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast