Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Any commett about the sprinfield xd 45

springfield xd ...it might be my next buy in 30 days that suck but it the law in nj.
    Last edited by yankee red neck; March 26th, 2011 at 05:05 PM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Any commett about the sprinfield xd 45

I do not own an XD (Glock guy) but I have fired an XD40 a bit and it was a great gun. Reliable, accurate and a nice feel in the hand. I have heard good things about the XD45 as well so it sounds like a good purchase.

Given the tough nature to get a handgun in NJ I would suggest trying to visit a range and rent a few to try out to help prevent buyers remorse.

I i have asked to rent the gun in faxed alot of gun but there all new cant fined the xd 45 used to shoot

(Luzerne County)

I brought one home last year. I think its a good gun. Can't say the same for the holster that comes with it.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(McKean County)

Funny you should ask. I've never fired one, but I just got back from a two hour round trip - the sole purpose of which was to compare the XD-45 to the FNP-45. I didn't shoot either, but I handled them for quite a while - and, I was able to dry-fire both of them. I was sure I'd hate the trigger system (striker-fired) on the XD, but it was surprisingly light and short. Of the two pistols I was comparing, the Springfield definitely felt more comfortable in my hands. It appears to be well built, and I've only heard good things about them. And... I'm no longer prejudice against striker-fired pistols. I still haven't made up my mind, but the XD-45 gained a lot of respect from me today. Good luck.

Talking Re: Any commett about the sprinfield xd 45

it fit in my hand like a clove and i liked just about every thing about it but the triger it was real hard and short to... the weight was just right but still i need to fire one just befor i buy
    Last edited by yankee red neck; March 27th, 2011 at 03:30 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by yankee red neck View Post
    it fit in my like a clove and i liked just about every thing about it but the triger it was real hard and short to... the weight was just right but still i need to fire one just befor i buy
    I'll make you a deal.....if you proofread your threads then edit in the necessary changes I will tell you all about my XD45.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I'll make you a deal.....if you proofread your threads then edit in the necessary changes I will tell you all about my XD45.
    I'm glad it's not just me....

--Phil

(Franklin County)

Don't know about the 45, but I have the 9. It took a few rounds to get used to the grip safety, other than that, I love the gun. I also have the SR9C, and I shoot much better with the SA.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    Sorry about that. I could'nt resist. You came to this forum for information and that is what you will get. I had a four inch barrel XD45 service model and it performed flawlessly. I dont think it ever had any malfunctions of any sort actually. It pointed naturally,felt great in my hand and was pretty darn accurate as well. The 13 plus one capacity and light rails made it my go to HD gun for a while too. I really dont have anything bad to say about it at all. The grip safety was an absolute non-issue for me. I have a history with 1911s so I never really noticed it was there. When it became time to thin out the collection I sold it to a member here who I think likes it as much as I did. It's one of the two sales that I made that I sometimes regret. The other was an H and K usp Tactical .45. Springfield XD45 gets the thumbs up from me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast