Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default Concealed Carry Question

I'm sorry If I asked this question before but I just want to be clear. I moved to Erie PA and I’m now a permanent resident . I just applied for my Pennsylvania LTCF but was told it would take 2-3 weeks. The state I moved from was South Carolina. I have a SC permit and carried a weapon for over five years. I know my SC permit is not honored in Pennsylvania and the thought of not being able to carry for up to three weeks makes me feel very naked and vulnerable. I do however have a non-resident New Hampshire permit that according to everything I can find is honored by PA. The purpose of me originally getting the N.H. permit was so I would be legal to carry when I would visit family in Erie but now that I am a permanent resident can I still carry with my N.H. permit until I receive my PA, LTCF?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Concealed Carry Question

Quote Originally Posted by 40calman View Post
    I'm sorry If I asked this question before but I just want to be clear. I moved to Erie PA and I’m now a permanent resident . I just applied for my Pennsylvania LTCF but was told it would take 2-3 weeks. The state I moved from was South Carolina. I have a SC permit and carried a weapon for over five years. I know my SC permit is not honored in Pennsylvania and the thought of not being able to carry for up to three weeks makes me feel very naked and vulnerable. I do however have a non-resident New Hampshire permit that according to everything I can find is honored by PA. The purpose of me originally getting the N.H. permit was so I would be legal to carry when I would visit family in Erie but now that I am a permanent resident can I still carry with my N.H. permit until I receive my PA, LTCF?
    Can't see moving here invalidating the NH permit. You should be good to go!

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...ip_Agreemt.pdf

Give this thread a day or two to make sure someone doesn't post any issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 40calman View Post
    I believe you are good to go but as already stated, give the thread a little time for one of our more knowledgable members to be more definative. On a side note, very impressive not wanting to be unarmed and finding a way to retain the ability. It's a real shame any of us need to be given permission to use our right in the first place. But you found a way to do that. Nicely done.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Berks County)

IANAL. I'm pretty sure you can carry on the NH permit as if it were a PA LTCF. Regardless, your SC permit (or NH permit) will allow you to carry in a vehicle:

§6106(b)(11):
    (11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.
    You could always open carry until you get the PA LTCF. But neither the NH or SC permits will exempt you from the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act.

Might want to read this thread:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nh-change.html

For some reason the waters appear to be murky on the NH side.
    I'm not sure if this was ever cleared up.

The whole thing seems a bit convoluted.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Erie County)

I'd call the Erie county sheriffs office and ask them. Since they issue the conceal carry permits, they should know the answer. Probably your safest bet. www.eriecountygov.org/sheriff/divisions/firearms
    Last edited by GlockBill; April 5th, 2011 at 08:46 PM.