Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: 9x18 mak ammo?

(Allegheny County)

Default 9x18 mak ammo?

i just bought a pistol in 9x18 makarov. now i have to get ammo for it. any good sources for inexpensive ammo? ill need at least a couple hundred rounds to make sure it works.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: 9x18 mak ammo?

Aim Surplus. Hands down the best price and with shipping it'll still be cheaper than a local purchase with tax.

(Lackawanna County)

If you go with the russian ammo be sure to do a good cleaning of you gun after every range shoot,the ammo has a sprayed on coating to protect the steel casings and will gunk up your gun,also keep the mags very clean as thet will also get a build up from the ammo and cause feed problems.

My youngest son has a Russian Il70 AH Mak and i have a PA63 FEG,and we have to keep them clean or they have FTF and FTE problems.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Northampton County)

You can buy 9mmx18 mak at aim surplus ,cheaper than dirt .com ,sportsman guide .com all have reasonable ammo prices. As for jamming problems we have 4 different 9mm x18 mak pistols we usually buy brown bear or silver bear buy the 1000 round count and shoot the crap out our pistols at every range session and we have not ever had a problem period with these surplus pistols. We do clean them after each use. We have the P-83 polish wanad, the hugarian PA-63 ,a CZ-82 and a bulgarian . All have shot every thing we have fed them. I just need 3 more to complete my Mak collection. Great pistols for the price, I carry the PA-63 and the CZ 82 one or the other every day and on 4/2 I am starting a concealed carry class and I plan on using one of my maks. I have many others I could use but these mak pistols have been 100 percent reliable all the time.

And you will be amazed at how accurate these little things are!!

(Beaver County)

There's ammo on the market that's labeled "9x18 Ultra." I don't see it very often, however, Be sure NOT to use the "ultra" in your Makarov. At least that what I've been told. Be sure it's labeled "9x18 Makarov."
    I've had a Bulgarian mak for 10 years and I absolutely love that little guy. I feed it whatever brand of ammo I can get my hands on and I've never had a problem.
    Have fun- be safe!

(Lawrence County)

I started getting mine at the Gun Knife and Military show in Niles Ohio. I can always find it for about 10 bucks a box there. The next show is April 16 and 17 I believe.