Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: VIDEO: P.I.C.S. problems plague Harrisburg Gun Show

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kayland View Post
    As an alternative to "phoning it in", they should set up some sort of go/nogo PICS check through the internet... all things considered, compared to some of the big shopping sites that work seamlessly in Cyberia, traffic wouldn't be all that much, so bandwidth would never be an issue... and there could easily be a secure login system set up for registered dealers.

I'd be surprised if something of the sort wasn't already in the works.

An even better alternative would be to scrap PICS altogether and just use NICS since we are paying for it anyway.
    I'll vote for Romney when he promises not to run in 2016.

(Allegheny County)

Gentlemen, and Ladys, Big Steps are being taken as we type to eliminate PICS. I can't Go into details, but if you are a Gun Dealer, please keep an accurate Log of Downtimes and Lag times ie: call transfered to an operator excess of 6 minutes. write it on a calendar.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    Gentlemen, and Ladys, Big Steps are being taken as we type to eliminate PICS. I can't Go into details, but if you are a Gun Dealer, please keep an accurate Log of Downtimes and Lag times ie: call transfered to an operator excess of 6 minutes. write it on a calendar.
    The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Remember that, when some Federal employee in Virginia is denying your gun purchase for no reason.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Remember that, when some Federal employee in Virginia is denying your gun purchase for no reason.
    With the PICS system being down or 20 minute wait time starting every Thursday night and lasting until Sunday every week . Week after week. I can't think it would be any worse.

I also noticed a larger number of people being delayed 15 days. This system we have now sucks the big one. The past year has been the worst I have seen in the last 5.

What we get may be worse. Maybe not. Who knows? But something has to be done!

(Fayette County)

I too hope we can get rid of PICS altogether as well.
    People waiting 15 days in totally insane.

I personally think NICS would be okay.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Montgomery County)

The PICS system we currently have may not be the best, but I feel a national system may be worse. It gives too much power to the federal government. Think about it. If you were cursed to be living in NJ, and wanted a handgun for self defense, you'd have to jump through countless hoops to get one or move to a better state. AT least the PA government acknowledges the 2nd amendment which in my opinion makes us a better/safer place to live. Now imagine that the national system was that of NJ.

I feel that we just need to keep up the pressure to get our current system fixed.
    Last edited by JasonK007; March 23rd, 2011 at 11:21 PM.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I too hope we can get rid of PICS altogether as well.
    People waiting 15 days in totally insane.

I personally think NICS would be okay.
    It does seem to me that there are some operators that will go the extra mile to get the job done. But there are just as many slack ass's that just want to put it in the I will do it later file. A few names stand out.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonK007 View Post
    I think I'm going to agree with GunLawyer on this one. The PICS system we currently have may not be the best, but I feel a national system may be worse.

It gives too much power to the federal government. Think about it. If you were cursed to be living in NJ, and wanted a handgun for self defense, you'd have to jump through countless hoops to get one or move to a better state. The PA government acknowledges the 2nd amendment which in my opinion makes us a better/safer place to live. Now imagine that the national system was that of NJ.

I feel that we just need to fix our current PICS system.
    I will go along with that. As long as it gets fixed ! Not just (I am going to use a quote from a real slime ball sales person I once heard)

" We are thinking about talking about fixing it."

This means we are going to drag out ass and most likely do nothing. We haven't even decided to talk about it yet.

These people don't seem to have to answer to anyone . Anyone that gives a shit at least. There are no real penalties for the system being down every weekend. And to me a 20 minute wait on the weekend is down! No other call center would get away with that.

Better yet is waiting 20 minutes to get threw and the fucker hangs up as soon as he picks up. Then it is another 20 to get threw again. This has had happened to me at least 4 times.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonK007 View Post
    The PICS system we currently have may not be the best, but I feel a national system may be worse. It gives too much power to the federal government. Think about it. If you were cursed to be living in NJ, and wanted a handgun for self defense, you'd have to jump through countless hoops to get one or move to a better state. AT least the PA government acknowledges the 2nd amendment which in my opinion makes us a better/safer place to live. Now imagine that the national system was that of NJ.

I feel that we just need to keep up the pressure to get our current system fixed.
    Im going to tell you something that your probably not going to believe.

But the federal government actually has less restrictions on firearms than PA does.
    The federal law doesn't have sections 6109 and 6105 for example.

Also, even if the federal government made more firearm restrictions, state law couldn't do a damn thing about it because federal law is more "powerful" then any state law.

PICS is in place so PA can enforce its own restrictions on PA gun buyers.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Im going to tell you something that your probably not going to believe.

But the federal government actually has less restrictions on firearms than PA does.
    The federal law doesn't have sections 6109 and 6105 for example.

Also, even if the federal government made more firearm restrictions, state law couldn't do a damn thing about it because federal law is more "powerful" then any state law.

PICS is in place so PA can enforce its own restrictions on PA gun buyers.
    Um...what?

Were you under the misapprehension that NICS will approve a transfer to a PA resident who is barred by PA law from possessing firearms?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast