Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Let us arm chair quarterback...

http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Let us arm chair quarterback...

He needed a Shotgun to help him with his aim.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Montgomery County)

It looks like the victim survived, which is always a great thing. It is hard to really get critical when the crime is thwarted and the protagonist survives.

However, if I were really motivated to be critical I would only suggest one good point for everyone watching that video: Use Your Damn Sights!!! (no other criticism needed)
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Wayne County)

I have a thought that is a question. What would happen if one of the robbers was shot in the back while trying to leave the store? Could there be a lawsuit? If so, that would be shitty.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SkullBone View Post
    I have a thought that is a question. What would happen if one of the robbers was shot in the back while trying to leave the store? Could there be a lawsuit? If so, that would be shitty.
    Anyone can sue anyone else in this country for any reason at any time. However, the success of that suit depends on many many variables. Perhaps you are confusing "lawsuit" with "criminal charges."

For example, your neighbor can sue you tomorrow citing that you harass him and act like an asshole. Will that ruin your life, probably not. Criminal charges would be much worse, and they could change your life.

Is there criminal liability shooting at someone fleeing a store... probably not. Is that person still armed and posing a threat, yes (in my opinion). Criminal charges would be unlikely in the video we saw. However, they could happen.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Columbia County)

I think that is a damned good example of why we carry guns. I also think that the gun owner probably doesn't train much, if any, with his gun. Also, flinging the gun forward will not significantly increase the velocity of the bullets.

However, I think Steve said it best. He's still around to tell the tale...

(Delaware County)

Someone bought a gun and never learned how to use it.

Glad the guy is okay. Damn shame he never got any training - he might have been able put a stop to their bullshit for good.
    Junior

The alledged victim in a light blue shirt appears to have malfunctions with his sidearm, looks to be one of not high quality? In my opinion, if you are beting your life on a couple hundred bucks, buy a good medical insurance policy with the money or life insurance. If you are serious about defending yourself, its not cheap! Further, the "Victim" shoots over the center isle shelf while not identify targets, he merely randomly fires in the general direction of where he thinks they are. The Victim continued to shot after the perps were fleeing or attempting to flee the store. From what I saw, neither of the two perps turned around while fleeing trying to engage the Victim. I'm not saying he's legally responsible for shooting fleeing felons but coupled with his John Wayne shoot um attitude, I'd say he is prime for being criticized for his poor actions.

I really like the way he threw bullets at the perps, forcing the gun to throw the bullets instead of providing a solid, stable platform. Yup, he most definately could use some training.

CL

(Lancaster County)

Was the BG in red actually shooting while hold the gun upside down while trying to get out the door? He came pretty close to hitting the guy in the black hoodie if he was. It was hard to tell.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

I'm thinking that is one lucky customer. He's caught between the robbers and the clerk with no idea which way to go. The clerk needs some practice time. The robbers need new underwear. The store needs new glass.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.