Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default What info is required by the UFA when applying for a LTCF?

Obviously you need to fill out the application (SP4-127), $25, and I'm assuming you're required to provide your driver's license/state ID. Is that specified in the UFA or Pa Code anywhere?

Are there any other documents that are required to be provided when applying for a LTCF? I know many counties have funny requirements, but is there somewhere that lists the "official" requirements?

I feel like I should know where to find this, but I'm not having any luck
    Last edited by anonymouse; March 17th, 2011 at 01:17 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: What info is required by the UFA when applying for a LTCF?

Not sure in Berks, in Bucks County it was the SP4-127, ID showing proof of residence and cash. Wait about 15 minutes for the background check and walk out with the LTCF.

This is from the PA Code, which isn't very helpful, though.

PSP is in charge of what goes on the app., perhaps a right-to-know request to them would shed more light on how they determined what actually is on the app.

§ 33.114. Application for a Pennsylvania license to carry firearms.

(a) The application for a Pennsylvania license to carry firearms (as defined in section 6102 of the act (relating to definitions)) form, is used to apply for an original/renewal of a Pennsylvania license to carry firearms and shall be uniform throughout this Commonwealth. It shall be on a form prescribed by the State Police. The form shall be 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches in dimension, on plain white paper. The form shall be used by the issuing authority, that is, county sheriff or a chief of police for a city of the first class, to conduct an investigation within 45 days relative to whether the applicant would be precluded from receiving a license under the conditions in the act.

(b) The application for a Pennsylvania license to carry firearms (as defined in section 6102 of the act) shall be typewritten, computer generated or printed in blue or black ink with a ballpoint pen. Copies shall contain legible impressions. It is the responsibility of the issuing authority to utilize the form as prescribed by the State Police, and ensure it is accurately completed in accordance with the block instructions contained therein. The form shall be retained by the issuing authority for 6 years.

(c) At least 60 days prior to the expiration of each license, the issuing sheriff shall send to the licensee an application for a renewal of license. Failure to receive a renewal application does not relieve a licensee from the responsibility to renew the license.

Source

The provisions of this § 33.114 adopted February 23, 2001, effective February 24, 2001, 31 Pa.B. 1145.

(Berks County)

All Berks requires is the application, fee, and driver's license/state ID.

http://www.co.berks.pa.us/Dept/Sheri...nFirearms.aspx
    Applicants for the licenses are to bring a Pennsylvania Drivers License or Pennsylvania Photo Identification Card and payment of $25.00 cash or check. After filling out the application, a computer back ground check will immediately be performed. Upon successful completion of the back ground check, the license will be issued.
    I was just wondering if the driver's license/state ID requirement is actually in the statutes/code anywhere.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    All Berks requires is the application, fee, and driver's license/state ID.

http://www.co.berks.pa.us/Dept/Sheri...nFirearms.aspx

I was just wondering if the driver's license/state ID requirement is actually in the statutes/code anywhere.
    I haven't seen it in the law anywhere.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    I haven't seen it in the law anywhere.
    Well if you haven't seen it, I might as well stop looking

I did find this in the "Duty of seller" part of §6111

(2) Inspected photoidentification of the potential purchaser or transferee, including, but not limited to, a driver's license, official Pennsylvania photoidentification card or official government photoidentification card. In the case of a potential buyer or transferee who is a member of a recognized religious sect or community whose tenets forbid or discourage the taking of photographs of members of that sect or community, a seller shall accept a valid-without-photo driver's license or a combination of documents, as prescribed by the Pennsylvania State Police, containing the applicant's name, address, date of birth and the signature of the applicant.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    Well if you haven't seen it, I might as well stop looking

I did find this in the "Duty of seller" part of §6111
    Ah yes, gotta love it when our general assembly sought to tie together two statutes (6109 and 6111) without actually making the wording adequate enough to fully clarify the procedures of either one.