Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Stag Arms AR-15 Model 2

I was at a local guy who deals rifles/handguns out of his little office. Was going to buy an AR-15 from him made from Del-ton and USA tactics. After talking to a few people Del-Ton was good, but USA Tacticals wasn't something they heard of. Being skeptical of it and questioning it, the guy ended up giving me a Rock River book to look at, told me to pick out what I wanted. I picked out the CAR 15 A3/A4, then I left because that was all I had to be there for after some paperwork for something. Got a call from him later saying the AR I picked out was on backorder 30-60 days. Too long for me, so he mentioned Stag Arms, he pretty much swore by them too. So I looked them up, picked out what I want and it was the AR-15 Right Handed Model 2. Called him back, told him to order it to which he did. So I went talking to a few people and I am getting mixed reviews about Stag. One says it's cheaply made and the other says Stag is a good reputable company. May not be on par with Rock River but on par/or better than bushmaster. Since I ordered one with no carrying handle, the Rock River didn't come with a flip up rear sight, but the Stag did. So that would give me some sights until I get a nice scope for it. I am sure I will be more than happy with the Stag, but I'd like to get some reviews by the pros here. I don't trust online reviews because people get paid to write reviews about items on the internet, even if they never owned that item. Thanks.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Stag Arms AR-15 Model 2

I have 3 stags and love them. never had a single problem with any of them. nice tight fitting parts.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by lethal93ta View Post
    I have 3 stags and love them. never had a single problem with any of them. nice tight fitting parts.
    Glad to hear some reassurance. The guy who was against Stag said the safety switch and the trigger were crappy. Meh, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by anstead610 View Post
    Glad to hear some reassurance. The guy who was against Stag said the safety switch and the trigger were crappy. Meh, oh well.
    Compared to a Rock River 2 stage trigger it probably is, but one of the great things about AR's is you can buy a RR 2 stage trigger and put it in you Stag.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    Compared to a Rock River 2 stage trigger it probably is, but one of the great things about AR's is you can buy a RR 2 stage trigger and put it in you Stag.
    Real expensive from what I hear.

(Berks County)

There are number of good comp triggers for ARs. I had a Stag, it was a great rifle, and the trigger was fine. I'd still have it if I didn't sell it when I got my SCAR.

(Northampton County)

So I guess the guy who said the stag is crappy is not too bright. I ended up getting the one with no handle because I plan on putting a decent scope on it. I would like a crosshair instead of a red dot. I don't want to spend a lot but don't want some crap one.

Opinions are like ass holes everybody has one and some stink more than others. I have a stag with a Chip McCormick Match Drop In Trigger and its amazing. I find comfort in a facotry built rifle. They do the building i do the shooting. Has worked so far....

http://www.topnotchtactical.com/cont...n_trigger.html
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Franklin County)

I've had my Stag Model 2 for over a year now and love it. No problems or malfunctions. I have mine equipped with an Aimpoint. I replaced my factory safety with an ambi-selector from Stag (was pretty expensive actually till I got shipping on it). Stag does come with a lifetime warranty, which I liked. As for the trigger, it's standard I guess. Like others have said, you can easily install something better. But for my purposes (target shooting mostly) I figured it was more beneficial for me to invest in better optics. So don't regret your purchase, you'll definitely be satisfied. I'm sure there is someone out there who's had a bad experience with Stag, but I bet you can't find one product that's ever been made that someone hasn't had a problem with. Enjoy!!
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you.

(Schuylkill County)

Stag is a good lower-end AR. You won't be disappointed...

You'll have some tools on here, and everywhere, that tell you anything but Colt is garbage, anything but DD is garbage, anything but LMT is garbage, etc. etc. Fact is, Stag is a decent rifle for the price, and what it is.

Enjoy!
    III%

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast