Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default American Arms & Ammo Colmar, PA

On Saturday I picked up a new gsg 5 from American Arms and walked out of the having paid 360 after total after taxes and fees. Seemed like a pretty decent deal for a cheap plinker to shoot all day at the range. As with my previous transactions with these guys they were professional, helpful and fair with their pricing. I would highly recommend this shop to anyone in the area looking to pick up a new or used gun or looking for some real decent guys to get info on potential firearm choices.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: American Arms & Ammo Colmar, PA

Just traded in am 10+ year old Glock 19 plus extra mags and holsters and Frank gave me a great deal. Used the trade-in money on a brand new Beretta M9. Great service, nice people, good deals and you can't beat walking in and being greeted by a wagging tail.

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs up Re: American Arms & Ammo Colmar, PA

Good shop, but their used handguns are way overpriced.

I saw a gun on Gunbroker not get bid on, so I walked in and talked to Fred. (I think that was his name). He gave me the same price that the gun unsuccessfully was listed for on Gunbroker.

No breaks whatsoever.

So, I waited until Ken (I think that's his name) got in the next day. Mentioned the killer deal he game me on my Para Ord P13 stainless and he immediately beat Fred's deal by $75.

Seems as tho they're always willing to negotiate by at least $75.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Yentl Marmelstein; March 17th, 2011 at 10:38 PM.

(Montgomery County)

there is no "Frank" or "Rod" at American Arms and Ammo...this is my preferred gunshop

Pat, Fred, and Ken are the owners... and Jim and Joe help with counter work at night

the dog is Abby
    Last edited by JayBell; March 17th, 2011 at 10:28 PM.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Always give Abby a scratch when visiting. Fred and the gang has always been a pleasure to deal with.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    there is no "Frank" or "Rod" at American Arms and Ammo...this is my preferred gunshop

Pat, Fred, and Ken are the owners... and Jim and Joe help with counter work at night

the dog is Abby
    It is Fred... I'm terrible with names. Thank you for the correction.

(Philadelphia County)

Fred, Pat and Ken, Have always treated me great, and ALWAYS give me a break on the price of anything I pick out, they are the ONLY gunshop I give my business to, At SPAG I went to check it out anD THEY WOULDN'T LET ME LOOK AT THE GUNS IN THE COUNTER WITHOUT CHECKING MY DRIVERS LICENSE , I just don't like a shop where I can't be left alone to just look.Never went back after they tried to charge me 55.00 for a G-23 mag.

(Montgomery County)

AA&A was "my FFL" for the better part of a decade when I lived in Lansdale and then in Hatfield. (We each have "our guy," or "my shop," etc., meaning one's preferred place to spend money).

Even if I wasn't buying, only looking, they usually had time to talk and always seemed to genuinely recognize me (mobbed weekend times somewhat less so, of course!)

Even after I moved away from the area, before I found my current FFL, I used them for a couple transfers on internet purchases, out of sheer loyalty.

They always did right by me. I actually bought my very first gun ever from them when I was 21, and they were located further south on rt. 309. Good guys...

Regards,

Bones

(Chester County)

Really a great shop! Fred and PJ have always treated my father and I very well. We have done business with them for a very long time. They are always willing to work with you. If their is one shop that I will go to first and do my business with it'll be AAA. Even since Archery and Gun outfitters back when Scott and his dad owned it.

Their is one guy though that works there. Kinda pisses me off sometimes. Everytime I take my (now) wife in there he just stares at her. I mean she is an attractive women and all, but dude no reason to just total stare non stop. Gets me a little POed.

Was out of my usual area and decided to stop in to pick up some ammo... and wow.... they had a impressive variety of firearms that are on my list... everything from browning over unders to m1 carbines, over a dozen ar's, two BM59's....

Ammo was fairly priced too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast