Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default I was made at SPAG....

And they didn't like it. So after resupplying my mediocre ammo cache I headed to SPAG to shoot with my bro in-law. Shooting went well. As I was leaving, my shirt had ridden over my G23 in my crossbreed supertuck and then this.

Guy handing out targets and ammo: Is that thing loaded?
    me: yes
    Guy: Are you LEO?
    Me: What difference does that make and no
    Guy: Well you can't have loaded firearms in the shop
    Me: Why not? The gun never leaves the holster.
    Guy: Well no loaded weapons in the store.
    Me: Well do you want me to unload it? (mind you this is in the little room upstairs just outside the range)
    Guy: No, just don't bring it back loaded.

That's how the incident ended and I left it at that. I love shooting at SPAG and have never had a problem there before. The guys you see pictured on their site are nothing but pleasant. This guy, who I've never seen before, just seemed to have an attitude from the moment I got my targets. Now that I look at their site, they gentlemen looked like "Mike Fusco", not 100% sure though. I always thought the no loaded firearms signs pertained to persons wishing to sell, trade, clean, holster, etc... their weapons at the shop. Next time I'm their, I'll definitely ask what the official policy is. Would have asked when I left but there was a line 7-8 deep just to get to the counter. Other than this, I still love this place.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: I was made at SPAG....

They have a no loaded gun outside of the range policy, there is a sand bucket in the vestibule before they buzz you in that they want you to unload into. I ran into the same problem the first time I was there. I personally don't like it, but I also don't have to frequent that establishment.

(Fayette County)

Thanks for the heads up caspian. I had never even noticed that when I went there. My VIP membership is up in August so thats something I'll have to consider before renewing.

(Northampton County)

One time I was there with another PAFOA member and we showed the range officers our concealed carry rigs (complete with loaded g19s and g26s, respectively.) They asked us a couple questions about comfortableness etc., but other than that, they didn't care.

I guess it just depends on who's manning the booth.

(Philadelphia County)

the FIRST time i ever went inside i saw a sign that says all guns must be unloaded. its right next to the buzzing door.

(Montgomery County)

Its always those who you would least expect to have a rediculous policy like that, that restrict our freedom.

I've been a member for less than 6 months but I do shoot there at least once a week and haven't had a bad experience. If you worked in an establishment like that in the area they do, it goes without saying why they don't want everyone walking in armed. They've been nothing but exceptional to their literate members. For the elite, just remember nobody working there is taking away your rights, you are voluntarily giving them up to adhere to their store policy. Either don't go back or conceal better, but don't criticize them for trying to assure safety.
    Last edited by PACKNPA12; March 13th, 2011 at 12:53 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by masakarijoe View Post
    Its always those who you would least expect to have a rediculous policy like that, that restrict our freedom.

Private property is private property. Our biggest concerns are governmental restrictions.. Property owners should always have the right to regulate their own lands.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by PACKNPA12 View Post
    I've been a member for less than 6 months but I do shoot there at least once a week and haven't had a bad experience. If you worked in an establishment like that in the area they do, it goes without saying why they don't want everyone walking in armed. They've been nothing but exceptional to their literate members. For the elite, just remember nobody working there is taking away your rights, you are voluntarily giving them up to adhere to their store policy. Either don't go back or conceal better, but don't criticize them for trying to assure safety.
    Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension. Nowhere in my post did I criticize SPAG. If it's their policy to not have any loaded weapons in the store, that's fine. I took offense to the RO's tone and the fact that he made it seem like if I was LEO then my CCW would be fine. If you took the time to read even just the last sentence you would see that I love shooting there and other than this one gentlemen, everyone has been nothing but wonderful to both myself and any guest I have brought into the shop. Finally, before you make assumptions about my literacy level, perhaps you should ask me about either my MS or BS in biology, or my current medical education. Reading comprehension fail to you.

P.S. the mods can close this thread.
    Last edited by mkstan15; March 13th, 2011 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mkstan15 View Post
    Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension. Nowhere in my post did I criticize SPAG. If it's their policy to not have any loaded weapons in the store, that's fine. I took offense to the RO's tone and the fact that he made it seem like if I was LEO then my CCW would be fine. If you took the time to read even just the last sentence you would see that I love shooting there and other than this one gentlemen, everyone has been nothing but wonderful to both myself and any guest I have brought into the shop. Finally, before you make assumptions about my literacy level, perhaps you should ask me about either my MS or BS in biology, or my current medical education. Reading comprehension fail to you.

P.S. the mods can close this thread.
    Wow, an MS, BS and current medical education! One usually doesn't need a bachelor's, masters, or nursing degree to read. Furthermore they usually don't make good intimidation tools on anonymous message boards either, especially when talking to other medical professionals (not that I or anyone else would have been impressed, anyway.)

Perhaps it's not your literacy but your sense of entitlement that's the real issue, as nowhere does it say their policy only applies to those buying guns, as you so naively suggested.

Either way, I hope you follow the rules from now on.
    Last edited by PACKNPA12; March 13th, 2011 at 04:10 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast