Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Among one of the things I like about Glock is...

Among one of the things I like about Glock is that the Glock rail fits the form fitted holster for a rail less Glock, unless you go with a Glock with picttiany rail system. My 2nd gen Glock 19 and 3rd gen (railed) Glock23 use the same Pancake holster. The Glock 21sf with Picttany rails does not fit a G21 pancake holster.

My Beretta pancake holster only fits the 92/96s not the 96 Elite nor my Airsoft Elite with its cool a$$ rails system (I've yet to get a 92 design with rails but I'm looking), of course the regualr 92 AS fits. The same with the 1911 pancakes if a 1911 has rail it won't fit.

As mentioned the G19 and railed G23 can use the same form fitted holsters. I have some universal shoulder and thigh holsters that they all can ride in. but the pancakes I like because they are light, slip on and they hold tight.

That's one of the things that I like about Glocks, among being accurate and reliable. What your take on this? Is there a holster for the Picttany G21/Glock?
    Last edited by Neko456; March 14th, 2011 at 08:26 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Among one of the things I like about Glock is...

LoL, I learned that about the G21SF with the pic rail. Got a nice Serpa blackhawk holster. made it to my car, went to put in the gun and no go..

You can make it work though. Just takes a lot of filing and other tricks. I tried for a while, then gave up after a couple days. A dremel prob would of made it easier.. I got it fitting now, but its still a tight fit. I even put it in the oven and almost melted it. Hurried and put the gun in it while it was still soft. Was hoping it would reform to the gun.. No go. Only ways seems to be filing or actually cutting it.

I ended up with a Bianchi OWB holster. Says 7/7L Glock 20/21. The gun fits in it real nice.

(Cumberland County)

Among one of the things I like about Glock is...
    That I use mine as a sweat towel and it hasn't rusted yet?
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Philadelphia County)

The best finish in the buisiness !
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !

(Perry County)

I like Glocks because they are so ugly one doesn't get emotionally attached, just business.

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rundownfid View Post
    I like Glocks because they are so ugly one doesn't get emotionally attached, just business.
    i got to agree there, they are like the "Ugly Duckling" meets the "Little Train That Could".

(Lancaster County)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Picatinny rail (pronounced /ˈpɪkətɪni/ or /ˌpɪkəˈtɪni/) or MIL-STD-1913 rail or STANAG 2324 rail or a "Tactical Rail" is a bracket used on some firearms in order to provide a standardized mounting platform.

Ive heard the only reason a true picatinny rail is on the Glock 21s is that they made a recent push to be picked up by the military who only wanted true spec 1913 rails. This would make sense since it really makes the entire gun look like crap. Ive never had an accessory that doesnt fit onto the standard Glock rail. However the Beretta M9A1 does not have a 1913 style rail which leaves me to wonder why some Glocks have the different rail.

(Northampton County)

A glock to me is like a pitbull. Ugly as sin, but packs one hell of a bite. It's an engineering marvel. My buddy has a Kimber, and I usually get 200 rounds downrange in an afternoon when he struggled with 20. It's probably him, or the ammo (don't want to start that argument), but it's sure nice to get reliable trigger time. His Kimber sure is pretty though. Shiny.

I have always felt the same way......but a Glock lover has many other reasons to fall in love.

I love my Glocks, love them. I find them beautiful in their own strange way. But you speak the truth my Glock owning brother.......you speak the truth. They are all about business.
    Adapt, Adjust and Overcome.

(Montgomery County)

It's a love/hate thing for sure. I want to like other guns more than my G21SF, and so yes - I'll confess: I hate to love it. But, there it is on my hip, because I can count on it without reservation.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast