Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Monroe 3rd in state in growth

Census: Monroe, Pike among fastest growing counties in Pa.

Pike and Monroe were Pennsylvania's second- and third-fastest growing counties over the past decade.Pocono Record illustration
    By HOWARD FRANK
    Pocono Record Writer
    March 10, 2011
    Pike and Monroe were Pennsylvania's second- and third-fastest growing counties over the past decade.
    Those figures, part of a massive 2010 U.S. census data release Wednesday, offer an MRI of the growing pains in the Poconos.
    MONROE COUNTY
    Municipality: 2000 Pop.: 2010 Pop.: % change
    Barrett: 3,880: 4,225: 8.9%
    Chestnuthill: 14,418: 17,156: 19.0%
    Coolbaugh: 15,205: 20,564: 35.2%
    Delaware Water Gap: 744: 746: 0.3%
    East Stroudsburg: 9,888: 9,840: -0.5%
    Eldred: 2,665: 2,910: 9.2%
    Hamilton: 8,235: 9,083: 10.3%
    Jackson: 5,979: 7,033: 17.6%
    Middle Smithfield: 11,495: 15,997: 39.2%
    Mount Pocono: 2,742: 3,170: 15.6%
    Paradise 2,671: 3,186: 19.3%
    Pocono 9,607: 11,065: 15.2%
    Polk 6,533: 7,874: 20.5%
    Price 2,649: 3,573: 34.9%
    Ross 5,435: 5,940: 9.3%
    Smithfield: 5,672: 7,357: 29.7%
    Stroud: 13,978: 19,213: 37.5%
    Stroudsburg: 5,756: 5,567: -3.3%
    Tobyhanna: 6,152: 8,554: 39.0%
    Tunkhannock :4,983: 6,789: 36.2%
    TOTAL: 138,687: 169,842: 22.5%
    The fastest growing county in the state? Tiny Forest County, a community of 7,716 in northwestern Pennsylvania. However Forest's population includes the inmates of the state prison built since the last census, artificially fueling its No. 1 ranking.
    While the state grew at a 10-year rate of 3.4 percent, Pike's population jumped by 23.9 percent and Monroe by 22.5.
    Lehman Township was the fastest-growing municipality among both Poconos counties. Its population jumped by 42 percent from 2000 to 2010, census data show.
    Middle Smithfield Township was Monroe's fastest growing. Its population jumped by 39 percent during the past decade.
    Coolbaugh (20,564) remained the largest municipality in Monroe County. Stroud Township (19,213) replaced Chestnuthill Township as the second largest.
    Pike County's local population rankings remained relatively unchanged, with some musical chairs played among the less-populated municipalities.
    Elsewhere across the state, Allentown and Reading grew significantly over the past decade, while Philadelphia edged up and Pittsburgh shrank.
    Counties in eastern and central Pennsylvania experienced the most growth since the 2000 census. Western counties generally lost residents.
    Overall, Pennsylvania's population increased 3.4 percent, to just over 12.7 million. But the state will lose one of its 19 congressional seats.
    Pennsylvania's five most populous cities, in order, are Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Allentown, Erie and Reading.
    Allentown grew by 10.7 percent, Reading increased by 8.5 percent and Philadelphia went up by 0.6 percent over the past decade.
    Pittsburgh's population went down 8.6 percent, while Erie lost 1.9 percent.
    The state's Hispanic population has increased nearly 83 percent, from about 395,000 to almost 720,000. The Asian population grew nearly 59 percent, to 349,000.
    The counties that lost the most population — between 5.1 percent and 14.9 percent — were all in the west: Beaver, Cambria, Cameron, Elk, Fayette and McKean.
    The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Yup sounds about right... Thanks for all the increases in shit to all you transplants who have decided to move here in the last 10 years
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Monroe 3rd in state in growth

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Yup sounds about right... Thanks for all the increases in shit to all you transplants who have decided to move here in the last 10 years
    Yea... sad thing is, they (politicians and other retards) look at the numbers and say "Look, we're attracting people! This is great for the economy!" Little do they realize (or care), those "people" are gang members, rapists, drug-dealers, and all-around lowlifes.

I feel bad for all of you who have to live up here... At least I just work up here, and I can get away from it at the end of the day.

Sad... for such a nice area, the scumbags ruin it all... Just like all of those nice half-million dollar house down in PCP going for under $20,000... My God, I go to Mt. Pocono for lunch and feel like I'm on the streets of Camden, always looking over my shoulder...
    III%

(Monroe County)

The Pocono Region is a very unique area in the way the culture, population, and taxes have changed over the last decade. It's not often you find "growth" like this.

Hope you found that store the other day Nike.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Philadelphia County)

Does that mean we can start referring to it as the Philthyoconos?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillykev View Post
    You could refer to it as our ingenious, clever, non indigenous yout's call it these days; o, no, cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    It's not often you find "growth" like this.
    Sure it is...just go to any murky stream or puddle or pond and observe the pond scum, fungus and algae. Same exact growth. It keeps spreading until it chokes out all the life.

I believe the Bronx West is the appropriate derogatory phrase.
    Last edited by God's Country; March 10th, 2011 at 05:32 PM.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Monroe County)

Tobyhanna is already referred to as "Tobyharlem". Call it what you want...I can no longer stand living here due to the ignorant behavior. I honestly don't even remember it being this bad when I lived in Philly.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Tobyhanna is already referred to as "Tobyharlem". Call it what you want...I can no longer stand living here due to the ignorant behavior. I honestly don't even remember it being this bad when I lived in Philly.
    Come on back. The only crime I ever witness is perpetrated by the Philly cops. And they're easy to spot and elude.

Yeah lovely, 3rd largest growth in the state, into a county that has next to nothing for jobs.

I was at the grocery store in Newfoundland about an hour ago, the cashier was talking with another customer after he was surprised to see her working there. She said "It's a job" to which I replied "these days that means a lot" ... she turned and looked at me and said "I have been a waitress for 35 years and I can NOT find another waitress job" ... that's freaking scary

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast