Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Carrying other stuff besides a gun.

So besides carrying a gun do you guys carry anything else? Such as pepper spray, taser, or something else. What if you get into a fight and its not life threatening so you cant pull out your gun. Sure you could just fight it out but I rather have something else to help me considering Im pretty small. Do any of you guys carry anything else?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Carrying other stuff besides a gun.

A tactical hatchet of course.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

i dont have a gun, so i carry a surefire E2D LED Defender model for the less than lethal need of self defence, and if it gets ugly, i have a Cold Steel Spartan on hand, and if TSHTF i have a SOG aegis tanto.

(Washington County)

If there is a fight then Im pretty sure that I am fearing for my safety because i dont know what might happen.

I carry a calm demeanor and a watchful eye

(Lycoming County)

Most of my outer garments have a 2 oz OC in the pocket. When I take one from the hall closet, good chance there is on in there. If not, I have a couple on the coat tree by the front door. Warmer days, not so much.

I also keep 4 oz cans in each of my vehicles. I had one blow years ago in one of my surveillance vehicles. The vehicle was unoccupied, but it was still a mess

Also, for years my keys were attached to a Kubaton. Never needed or used it.

Be safe (and use it like bugspray, I do ).

Scott

(Allegheny County)

I carry gray matter in a hard case.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

(Monroe County)

In addition to a sidearm, I carry at least one reload. Also a cell phone and clip-it type knife.

At night or when I am prohibited by law from carrying a gun I carry a Brite-Strike defensive flashlight. It projects a focused beam of 190 lumens, has striking edges on both ends (I call them built in DNA collectors).

The designers of said flashlight are a couple of cops who developed a self defense program around their product. They call it flash-smash and dash. The concept is simple; if you are being attacked the response is first flash the light in the attackers eyes to momentarily disorient him. Believe me you do not want to have a blast like that in your eyes! If he continues with the assault, smash him (face, throat, head is preferable) and dash when he lets go.

I have traveled internationally with this flashlight and carried it through airport checkpoints without any question. Actually watched one TSA dope fiddle with the thing and unwittingly flash himself in the eye...that was funny!

My situational awareness is perpetually in code yellow. I am confident enough with my personal hand to hand abilities to be able to manage most any trouble that might come my way. The other tools are just insurance if things get ugly and I have no way out.

(Allegheny County)

Since I'm waiting on my LTCF I only carry a 4 oz can of Pepper Shot in my backpack (which goes with me to and from work) and kinda crappy but tough as nails Smith and Wesson folder which is always in my pocket. I really need to upgrade the knife.

I bought the pepper spray when some angry drunk who cut ME off in traffic decided my horn honking and out the window gesture was a serious insult and decided to exit his vehicle at the next light. I had a decent 4 inch straight blade in my car at that time and he figured it wasn't worth it after seeing it, but I figured I need a less lethal solution.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    I had a decent 4 inch straight blade in my car at that time and he figured it wasn't worth it after seeing it, but I figured I need a less lethal solution.
    Yea thats why I wanna get paper spray or a taser because if I get into a fight I want another solution instead of shooting somebody unless I absolutley have to.

(Adams County)

I carry a big cellophane "S" symbol that I throw at my enemies; it makes them stumble and fall.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast