Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Need information on AR 15

Hello,

I'm thinking about purchasing an AR. The Bushmaster Carbon 15 in .223 with the Bushnell red dot sight caught my eye in the Gander Mountain ad this week. It is 700 bucks with a 50 dollar mail in rebate. This would be my first adventure into the AR world. I am looking for some advice on people who have shot or own this AR and any advice I might need. I would like to know if that is a good price, how's the quality, the quality of the sight, how it shoots or any other advice would be appreicated.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Need information on AR 15

What model/type is the carbon 15 your lookin at? as per the bushmaster website, they have many different ones.
    http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_carbon15_index.asp

I have a bushmaster xm15-e2s and it is one hell of a gun. Owned it 10 years now. . I trust the bushmaster name

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by shortthrow50 View Post
    What model/type is the carbon 15 your lookin at? as per the bushmaster website, they have many different ones.
    http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_carbon15_index.asp

I have a bushmaster xm15-e2s and it is one hell of a gun. Owned it 10 years now. . I trust the bushmaster name
    It appears to be this model: http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_ca...-c1516m4FT.asp

But it is also in the Gander Mountain ad, that doesn't include a model number.

(Butler County)

Though a Bushmaster will do fine... I would recommend you buy a Spikes Tactical, Bravo Company Manufacturing, or Colt... All of the three are higher quality builds than the Bushmasters and the Spikes Tactical will cost you only slightly more than the shrubby you are looking at.

If you are wanting a carbine I would also recommend a mid-length gas system over the short carbine gas system for a 16" barrel.

Here's a real nice rifle:
    http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/...ine-p-443.html

I would drop the carry handle and get a folding rear BUIS instead. YMMV
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

(Philadelphia County)

If you're just looking for a 'fun gun' the BM should do fine on range duty/ If you're looking for anything to depend on, take chivvalry's advice and look into some more reputable manufacturers.
    If it comes with a removable carry handle, ditch that and get a BUIS. Matter of fact, see if they won't let you just swap it there at the store. Magpul just released their MBUS gen2, that's an option that will be right at home on a Carbon 15
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting