Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default My PMR is going back to KT...update 03/18 with pictures

Took my PMR out for the second time today. I had a case rupture from a US made 22mag ammo. I had to take a part the pistol in order to remove the damaged case from the chamber. I put it all back together and noticed that with CCI mini mag and HSM that the pistol wouldn't cycle properly. I ended up calling KT CS and they will be issuing me a return label. I hear that the turnaround time is roughly 10 business days.

I have high plans for this pistol...I will say that my PMR is in the mid 600s, so it's one of the first PMRs of the production run. I do know that KT has some "upgrades" that my PMR does not have, so it sounds like KT will be replacing my entire slide.

I have always heard that CS from KT was good, so I hope to have my pistol back around two weeks from now so I can continue to test the pistol.

I kept the ruptured case...I just didn't take a picture of it and posted it.

Just got back the PMR...not bad considering it was only 6 business days from shipping til it was back in my hands.

I got a new slide and barrel. They also polished the feed ramp and serviced the chamber.

I ordered two additional mags since it was in for service and I didn't have to pay for shipping.

I will be taking it to the range tomorrow for more testing.
    Last edited by aubie515; March 18th, 2011 at 02:57 PM.

Default Re: My PMR is going back to KT

I ended up calling KT CS and they will be issuing me a return label

Damn...

Everything I ever sent back to them was close to 9 weeks.

Default Re: My PMR is going back to KT...update 03/18 with pictures

The repair took 6 business days...talk about some fast turn around time.

Just got back from the range...the pistol runs very well. Shot 250rounds through the pistol. Mostly shooting HSM 40gr HP...I will be using this for my shooting since I can buy them in bricks of 500 and they are also the least expensive of the 22 mag ammo that I have in stock.

Target pictures were from a distance of 15 yards. Target on the left contains 50 shots.

I was really surprised how well the pistol shot once I got serious and concentrated. I was shooting at the 4" sheet...when I saw that I had two shots touching, I concentrated to see if I could get a one hole group.

I am very happy with the pistol now that it's back from being repaired. I am going to see if I can get another PMR tomorrow. I still don't feel that this is a $500+ pistol, but it's a bargain for under $300.