Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default LTCF revocation statistics by county

Hey all,

I need some help researching the LTCF revocation statistics by county. I'm in the process of writing an article for a class and I am trying to have the article published, so I need some rock-solid resources to build a case with.

The article will cover why Pennsylvanians are opting for a FL license.

I have found the PSP Annual Report, and that tells me how many are being issued, but I need more info on the number issued, number revoked, and number denied, specifically for Philadelphia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, if you were denied an LTCF in PA without just cause, please let me know, I am looking for one or two people who have a story.

-Chris

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: LTCF revocation statistics by county

Quote Originally Posted by cmanzi View Post
    Hey all,

I need some help researching the LTCF revocation statistics by county. I'm in the process of writing an article for a class and I am trying to have the article published, so I need some rock-solid resources to build a case with.

I have found the PSP Annual Report, and that tells me how many are being issued, but I need more info on the number issued, number revoked, and number denied, specifically for Philadelphia.

Also, if you were denied an LTCF in PA without just cause, please let me know, I am looking for one or two people who have a story.

-Chris
    Well, I don't have the revocation statistics, but if you click on the LTCF report link in my sig-line it will take you to a slightly-outdated report on abuses by issuing agents, which might contain something that can help you out.

Since the sheriffs are the ones who revoke the LTCFs, you could ask for the stats here:

Pennsylvania Sheriff's Association

(Montgomery County)

From what I know, The PSP stopped releasing the more detailed information which included the revocation information after the 2006 report. The have subsequently removed (at least last time I checked) access to even the historical detailed info from their website.

Your best bet will probably be a call to them at their main offices. If a friendly, carefully phrased request does not get you what you need, I imagine a FOIA/PA Open Records request will likely do the trick without too much fuss, but some $$.

PA Open Records Site: http://openrecords.state.pa.us/porta...n_records/4434
    Open Records Form: https://www.dced.state.pa.us/public/...2020090814.pdf
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Allegheny County)

Hey ironsight!

Thanks for the comprehensive report, but I'm still looking for the revocation statistics, if anyone knows where/how to find them.

Thanks!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    From what I know, The PSP stopped releasing the more detailed information which included the revocation information after the 2006 report. The have subsequently removed (at least last time I checked) access to even the historical detailed info from their website.

I wonder if anyone has a copy of the older reports that have been removed?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    I wonder if anyone has a copy of the older reports that have been removed?
    If you know what site they were on, you could try here: http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

(Allegheny County)

Hey all,

-Chris
    I don't believe what you are looking for exists, IF it did we sure would be interested in having a copy of number revoked, and number denied.

What you may find some use of is the attached chart helpful (using PSP public stats) as to why people in some places maybe seeking out of state license.

notice the average between the two years of 2000 and 2009 there was a state wide average of 74% increase in LTCF permit holders (77% minus Philly) while places like Philly only had a 18% increase and you will also note the state wide is one permit holder out of every 74 people and its 1 in 67 with Philly removed.

top lowest county per person that has a LTCF permit

Philly is one person for every 302 people
    Delaware is one person for every 155 people
    Montgomery is one person for every 136 people
    Bucks is one person for every 112 people
    Chester is one person for every 104 people

now the next county with close to the same population to Philly is Allegheny county and it still has one person for every 89 people and almost issued twice the amount of LTCF permit in 2009 as it did in 2000.

wonder if there is any cause and effect with higher crime rates in those 5 counties that issue the lowest amount of LTCF permits per a person. You can draw all kinds of interesting questions and comments with this, does less legal gun owners packing = less crime or more?

So part of the reason why people are possibly taking the option (extra trouble & cost) to get a non resident LTCF permit besides it offers more adjoining states like Ohio & Delaware than just a PA one does is due to increase in crime and not being able to get a LTCF permit because of bias against gun owners by some in positions to abuse power over LTCF.

As you can see in attached Doc some counties greatly have increase in LTCF on average 74% and then in places like Philly they are not getting (for whatever reason) a LTCF permit as the trend indicates from charts that amount of LTCF permit in 2009 as it did in 2000 everywhere else in PA.

So IF Philly and other counties are making it more difficult to get or renew a LTCF permit, why shouldn't someone take the option of a out of state non resident license?

you got places like Westmoreland county in which the sheriff has mobile LTCF permits making easier for residents to get a LTCF permit everywhere in that county and the next county over the Allegheny co sheriff is making it as tough as possible. Then you have other county sheriff's covered in IronSight excellent report about LTCF permits and extra cost / requirments plus some making it tougher and more costly to get a PA LTCF permit, why shouldn't People seek another path?

If you take them to court & you win so what? you are out thousand of bucks and there is no negative consequence to the issuing authority. Is it not cheaper then to go get a non resident LTCF, got to be cheaper, less hassles than every five years moving to a another county just so you can get a LTCF permit or taking them to court when they make it as tough as possible to twist the intent of shall issue to only (may) shall issue if you jump though all of extra hoops and extra requirements legal or not. What else are you going to do take us to court?

Why shouldn't people just get a non resident LTCF by other states that follow the rule of law, unlike many that don't in PA as IronSight report illustrates.

IF anyone can go into a FFL dealer and pass a criminal background check, you shouldn't need a LTCF permit in the first place, (Constitutional Carry) let alone be charged with a crime in PA with no criminal intent, just because you did get a permission slip (pay a poll tax) to exercise a right? you can get charged with a crime in PA for even stopping anywhere without a LTCF permit!

these "may" be some of the reason for why people are getting them, sorry can't help with the stats you are looking for.

Anyway check out the attached document and good luck with your project, the best bet you might have to go to the source and contact each 66 counties sheriff and Philly to get your answers LOL
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Philadelphia County)

Old figures for revocation (might help you search for the orriginal publications): http://www.pafoa.org/counties/philadelphia/statistics

I know of no way to prove it, but I suspect that the vast majority of Pennsylvanians who have a license from another state also have an LTCF. The reason is reciprocity, primarily Delaware and Ohio.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast