Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Can I apply for LTCF while out of state?

I am a Cumberland County resident, but because of work and class will probably only be in the state for 1-2 weeks this year. Since Cumberland country requires you to hand in your application in person as well as pick it up in person, and as far as I understand I can only apply in Cumberland county since I am a resident there, does this mean I am unable to get a LTCF without booking an extra flight out to pick it up at the courthouse?

btw, I am mostly in Colorado for school, which from what I've read will not honor any non-resident permits.
    Last edited by TJ213; March 8th, 2011 at 05:07 AM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Can I apply for LTCF while out of state?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ213 View Post
    I am a Cumberland County resident, but because of work and class will probably only be in the state for 1-2 weeks this year. Since Cumberland country requires you to hand in your application in person as well as pick it up in person, and as far as I understand I can only apply in Cumberland county since I am a resident there, does this mean I am unable to get a LTCF without booking an extra flight out to pick it up at the courthouse?

btw, I am mostly in Colorado for school, which from what I've read will not honor any non-resident permits.
    Colorado does recognize a PA LTCF, provided you are from PA, as you said they only recognize a license/permit from the state you are from.

As for applying, yes you must apply in the county of your residence and follow what ever directions they have for obtaining it.

I'm not sure how up to date this is but follow this link for info regarding carry in Colorado.
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/colorado.pdf