Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: LCCC student caught with gun on campus

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    That sucks if I'm misreading it, Can you post a link where I can get the correct info?
    Your link is quite clear, says the student can be expelled, not charged with a crime that doesn't even exist in PA.

I could post more about this, but I'm on my cell phone, a poor device for copy/paste.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; March 1st, 2011 at 05:21 PM.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lackawanna County)

Hello everyone,
    It has been a while since I posted here but have been busy with school myself. I have actually done a lot of research on this particular case. If you notice the only articles you find are written by the same staff writer Bob Kalinowski. Most of the people here realize there is no charge for the carry being on campus.

There is questions in my mind on the legality of the search itself as the weapon was found in a jacket pocket that the accused picked up while refusing to have their things searched. The jacket was grabbed by the guard then grabbed back by the accused. During that process the guard was able to determine there was something in the pocket which turned out to be his 380 caliber kel-tec. The writer described it as an automatic when in fact it was a semi automatic. I have found that to be pretty common among anti gun newspaper writers.

He was then held and turned over to the Nanticoke police dept who supposedly charged him with carry of a gun without a license to carry on the campus. When he was first arrested he cried saying he would not be able to get his LTCF now. One of the articles indicated he had actually gotten the paperwork to apply for it but had not yet filled it out and turned it in.

He was held on a $10,000 cash bail in Luzerne County Correctional Facility.

Seems to me that the security guards illegally searched this mans belongings then seized his property at a minimum.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson

(Luzerne County)

This case interests me. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that a decent Criminal Defense Attorney can get these charges thrown out. All evidence was aquired after what appears to be an illegal search. No doubt carrying w/o LTCF was wrong, but the story from the paper makes me upset if things happened the way they did.

(Luzerne County)

Follow up story in today's paper.
    http://www.timesleader.com/news/Coll...-charges-.html

College student waives firearm charges

NANTICOKE - A student at Luzerne County Community College accused of bringing a firearm onto campus waived his right to a preliminary hearing before District Judge Donald Whittaker on Tuesday.

Christian C. Zaccagni Sr., 45, of Dana Street, Wilkes-Barre, waived charges of firearm not to be carried without a license and possession of a weapon on school property to Luzerne County Court.

Zaccagni remains free on $10,000 bail.

Police allege Zaccagni was found carrying a .38 caliber handgun in his coat pocket while he was on campus on March 1, according to the criminal complaint.

College security had been summoned to a classroom due to Zaccagni's behavior. When security officers searched him, they allegedly found the weapon, the criminal complaint says
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12