Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: firingline in south philly

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post
    30.00 for members, does that included out of stated shipped into their store?
    Check the link and call the store, I don't have any experience with an out of state transfer or one shipped to the store. I did do a personal face to face with someone via the store and it was $30.

Last edited by soberbyker; March 7th, 2011 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Check the link and call the store, I don't have any experience with an out of state transfer or one shipped to the store. I do do a personal face to face with someone via the store and it was $30.

i don't think so, I know someone who was charge 100.00 for a transfer. cause the gun came from CDNN, and according to SPAG, CDNN is a wholesaler and spag decided they can charge 100.00 for the transfer.

the guy asked prior how much transfer was, and at that point, 25.00 to ship gun to spag, 25.00 to ship gun back to cdnn, 25.00 to ship gun to new ffl, then ffl fee...

SPag has a nice range, and some of the ROs there are nice. but this is one reason why i didn't renew my vip membership.

Firing line dicked me once with the FFL fee too, I was told 30.00 to transfer a rifle, when i my rifle got there from Buds, i was charge 50.00 when asked, I got "why would there be a difference" and yup i didn't renew my membership. but it was their lost, In 1 year, i got 2 guns, a bunch of guess fees and a boat load of ammo from them, since leaving them i spent zero with them.

Now i shoot a frank's, FFL fee are 40.00, i'm trying to work with them on that, until then, Dick Hugley never lets me down. nice guy to deal with. when i gave my bro my 92fs (for getting his LTCF) dick offered him couple of free mags. but it sucks driving down to him.

(Delaware County)

i don't think so, I know someone who was charge 100.00 for a transfer. cause the gun came from CDNN, and according to SPAG, CDNN is a wholesaler and spag decided they can charge 100.00 for the transfer.

the guy asked prior how much transfer was, and at that point, 25.00 to ship gun to spag, 25.00 to ship gun back to cdnn, 25.00 to ship gun to new ffl, then ffl fee...

SPag has a nice range, and some of the ROs there are nice. but this is one reason why i didn't renew my vip membership.

Firing line dicked me once with the FFL fee too, I was told 30.00 to transfer a rifle, when i my rifle got there from Buds, i was charge 50.00 when asked, I got "why would there be a difference" and yup i didn't renew my membership. but it was their lost, In 1 year, i got 2 guns, a bunch of guess fees and a boat load of ammo from them, since leaving them i spent zero with them.

Now i shoot a frank's, FFL fee are 40.00, i'm trying to work with them on that, until then, Dick Hugley never lets me down. nice guy to deal with. when i gave my bro my 92fs (for getting his LTCF) dick offered him couple of free mags. but it sucks driving down to him.
    What's that in reference too?

sorry, i should of been clear

I don't think they charge 30 bucks for an out of state transfer, even for members.

Unrelated question, True or False
    I was told by an FFL, if i got 2 handguns at once in the city of philadelphia, They have to report it to the City!

(Delaware County)

sorry, i should of been clear

I don't think they charge 30 bucks for an out of state transfer, even for members.

Unrelated question, True or False
    I was told by an FFL, if i got 2 handguns at once in the city of philadelphia, They have to report it to the City!
    In my post I didn't connect an out of state transfer to the $30, I did an in person face to face private transfer through SPAG, $30 (or whatever the member transfer fee was at the time a few years ago).

According to state law which preempts local law, false. HOWEVER, if you read the forum on a regular basis you'll see that the city is passing illegal gun laws all the time, so as far as the city is concerned it could very well be true, in reality it's still false.

(Philadelphia County)

INTERNET transfers are 45$ at SPAG and at KINGS. FTF transfers are the ones that are cheaper. Just wanted to clear that up.

The best FFL's in our area that will respond within a couple of hours to emails and are nice guys on top of that.
    My personal one-

Howard Block.
    http://www.jbarms.citymax.com/page/page/871645.htm
    GE6gun AT comcast DOT net
    Phone 610 789-0200
    Over in Upper Darby.

One that a few other people are using
    Malcolm Height
    DHF Sales LLC
    275 S Bryn Mawr Ave K35
    Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
    Cell Phone: 610-520-1148

You also have Teaford Auto over in Conshohocken which I know one person who has used and liked.

(Philadelphia County)

I'll include myself as yet another happy customer of Dick Hughey, if you've got a car and the time to drive to his place.

$25, and a nice guy to boot.

(Delaware County)

I used Teaford once and he was great to deal with, just a little out of my way to get to him. I shop at leonards in upper darby, more for archery stuff but they still do some firearm stuff and they are great guys to talk and deal with.

(Delaware County)

Targetmaster charged me $35.00 two weeks ago to do one. I did another on sunday and it was $50.00. I asked why and he told the other guy made a mistake.

As far as the firing line goes that place sucks. The range is a mess, his ammo is WAY over priced. No wonder no one is ever in there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12