Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Fawns

(Wayne County)

Default Fawns

Been noticing a lot of does with only 1 fawn, how are things in your neighborhood?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Fawns

Some years I see more single fawns and some years more twins.

Mature doe usually have 2 but first time pregnant doe usually have one 80% of the time. Maybe a lot of virgin doe got knocked up near you.

(Allegheny County)

I've seen both. Just walking down the road in the middle of the afternoon.

(Bucks County)

Our doe had 2 fawns this year, she brings them around for apples every afternoon.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Been noticing a lot of does with only 1 fawn, how are things in your neighborhood?
    They make great cutlets ! Yes so far the deer we have around only have one fawn .

(York County)

Last year was all twins here, this year I've seen three singles when cutting hay.

I royally screwed up on Friday when cutting: I ran over two turkey nests with a combined egg count of 21 in less than 50' .

In 20 years I've never had turkeys nest there, but this was the latest first cutting too. Although I stopped immediately as the hens flew out from under the front of the tractor, unfortunately it was too late, and the nests were in the path of the front wheel both times (Often I stop in time or the nest goes right down the middle of the tractor and I leave a section of tall hay so they have a place to hide). The good news is the eggs were all yoke and no little furry things inside yet, so I'm hoping both hens will nest again elsewhere.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Last year was all twins here, this year I've seen three singles when cutting hay.

I royally screwed up on Friday when cutting: I ran over two turkey nests with a combined egg count of 21 in less than 50' .

In 20 years I've never had turkeys nest there, but this was the latest first cutting too. Although I stopped immediately as the hens flew out from under the front of the tractor, unfortunately it was too late, and the nests were in the path of the front wheel both times (Often I stop in time or the nest goes right down the middle of the tractor and I leave a section of tall hay so they have a place to hide). The good news is the eggs were all yoke and no little furry things inside yet, so I'm hoping both hens will nest again elsewhere.
    Not on your land!
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot