Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default glock 23 barrel ?

picked up my new gen 3 glock 23 rtf today. after cleaning and putting 100 rounds through it i absolutly love it.. I want to be able to convert it to 9mm for cheaper plinking, and still be able to carry the gun in 40. my question is how can i convert it. can i put a stock glock 9mm barrel in it? or do i need the 40-9 barrel. also i would like to put a longer barrel for target, such as a g17 barrel on it. is this possible or do i need a longer 40-9 conversion barrel?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: glock 23 barrel ?

You can drop a 19 barrel in. I've heard great things about Lone Wolf's 40-9 barrel. This is a great way to save a few bucks for training. I don't see why a 17 barrel wouldn't work. Find one first to check out before buying one when possible.
    Those who dare.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointman73 View Post
    You can drop a 19 barrel in. I've heard great things about Lone Wolf's 40-9 barrel. This is a great way to save a few bucks for training. I don't see why a 17 barrel wouldn't work. Find one first to check out before buying one when possible.
    I put a Lone Wolf barrel on mine a few years ago for about $100 & it works great. A stock 9mm barrel won't work because it'll slop around in the .40 barrel opening on the slide.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointman73 View Post
    I would go w/ a dedicated conversion barrel, so as to avoid any issues w/ the extractor potentially slipping off the rim of the smaller 9mm round.

I have read of people using regular Glock barrels, but the "best practice" seems to be using a dedicated aftermarket conversion barrel when going from .40 to 9mm, as it properly positions the chamber in relation to the breech face/extractor.

YMMV, of course...

Regards,

Bones

(Franklin County)

yea sounds right to me, im just gonna go with a dedicated conversion, anyone got a best recomendation, leaning towards lone wolf