Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default So now i have no LTC or gun

Back in Nov 10'

I was on my rented garage property when i was approached by a visibly intoxicated person. Quite agitated and well just say in kind words off his rocker..6'4 300lbs...(im 140) in my face about my business on the property..i clearly knew this was going no where good right off the bat. Completely insisting im running some type of drug ring out of my shop since im only there at night..and so on ..so nicely i explained i have a fulltime job and am not trying to cause any problems..he stated i dont like ur tone this is my neighborhood i have a right to know what your doing...well at that point i have backed up 2 times and asked him to leave this alone theres no problem here....so the third time i backed up now im against my building and between the car and the garage...no where to go...my friend was about 10 feet away and of the same size as me...so i said man i dont want any problems and revealed my register and LTC'd firearm...at the point it didnt matter to him he still was pushing the fact hes going "pound me into the ground" so I pulled gun racked one in and kept it pointed to the ground...finallllllly he backed up said im calling the police..i asked him very nicely pleaseeee call the police and i will be here waiting for them when they get here....i procede into my shop and waited...

police show up i already had my gun nicely waiting for them and my LTC out...explained what happend...my friend gave his statement...one of the cops proclaimed i see nothing wrong here that guys deffinatly drunk this kid feared for his life thats it to the other cop...d*ckhead cop said no F'in way you cant be pulling you gun out like that yelling and hollering at me..and i stated i followed everything by the books except i had no time to call the police or i would of been dead by the time you were here cuz he would of had my gun...so they went to him (drunk guy) and got his statement.....some ridiculous movie script of a story how i turned my gun "sideways" and walked around him in a circle and told him ill end his mofo life and all this crazy stuff.....well since he called the police...d*ckhead cop made him the victim and cuffed me up..took my gun..and off i went to county..

now mind you that i have neverrrr been arrested... or anything ...a few speeding tickets and thats it. only place my gun has been was the range. luckilyy i had my gun that night because afterwords (now im in jail) he came back while the only 2 cop that were on duty were at the station with me. he caused 12500 dollars damage to my 350z with a bat and kinfe. thats all besides the point... just clarifying the insanity of this matter...and how nuts this guy was...

soo charged with....
    Terroristic threats, reckless endangerment to another person, simple assault, and harassment ....

find out my bail is 25000!!!!!!! straight!!!!!

got out went to my hearing...they dropped everything but the harassment for some reason...but i figured thats just a summary charge and better then the rest of the stuff...the guy i guess had such a record and his story changed 100 times they dont believe ne thing he says...

but while in jail they took my LTC....and local cops took my gun...now i neverrrr even got a receipt they took it...

so now what do i do?

so far im in 3500 dollars in lawyer, deductable, bail bonds..cuz they couldnt even pin the guy for my car..even tho some 9year old saw him do it...

i want my gun and my LTC i didnt even do anything wrong...made 3 attempts to get out before i pulled it out...some real BS if u ask me...

ps - thanks for reading i know its long...thats actually summarized its just too nutty of a story...just a real crapshoot of a situation..me minding my business then 15minutes later in jail

Default Re: So now i have no LTC or gun

Ask your lawyer how to get your gun back! Then get those kids to swear under oath that they saw the guy trash your car. Children younger than 9 have been put on the stand for much bigger things then a trashed car. Also get your car insurance company involved, they may conduct there onw investigation!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Allegheny County)

I gave up on the car...insurance took care of it..and they need a confession from the guy in order to go after him or sumthing so i said eff it...i just want my legally owned objects back..i paid plenty of money out already i feel as if i can get them back but im looking for some answers about it i dont know much about this stuff...the 3 misamenors were thrown out/dropped and i was only found guilty of the harassment and i already paid the fine for that...but how does this work? can i get my LTC back?

A good reason to have a recorder in your pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by djzeli412 View Post
    I gave up on the car...insurance took care of it..and they need a confession from the guy in order to go after him or sumthing so i said eff it...i just want my legally owned objects back..i paid plenty of money out already i feel as if i can get them back but im looking for some answers about it i dont know much about this stuff...the 3 misamenors were thrown out/dropped and i was only found guilty of the harassment and i already paid the fine for that...but how does this work? can i get my LTC back?
    These are questions for your Lawyer - we can only guess.

However , I DOUBT that a harassment conviction makes you ineligible
    to own a firearm - and your LTC can only be REVOKED by the issuing
    authority (sheriff ) and you must be notified in writing if it is.

Good luck

(Berks County)

Yeah, you have a bunch of questions for your lawyer.

The police may have physically taken your LTCF, but the sheriff would have to be the one to revoke it. You should have been notified and have the option to appeal the revocation.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by djzeli412 View Post
    police show up i already had my gun nicely waiting for them and my LTC out...explained what happend...my friend gave his statement...one of the cops proclaimed i see nothing wrong here that guys deffinatly drunk this kid feared for his life thats it to the other cop...d*ckhead cop said no F'in way you cant be pulling you gun out like that yelling and hollering at me..and i stated i followed everything by the books except i had no time to call the police or i would of been dead by the time you were here cuz he would of had my gun...so they went to him (drunk guy) and got his statement.....some ridiculous movie script of a story how i turned my gun "sideways" and walked around him in a circle and told him ill end his mofo life and all this crazy stuff.....well since he called the police...d*ckhead cop made him the victim and cuffed me up..took my gun..and off i went to county..
    You should have called the cops first, immediately after the guy left. Or, preferably, while he was walking away. Day late, dollar short and all that.

First cop sounded half-way decent, the other cop was a prick. Odds are that if the drunk was coming up to him, he would have drawn and fired long before you ever drew. Since they would be allowed to draw, a citizen should be too.

I would get a lawyer ASAP, see if that charge can be dropped.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Allegheny County)

Unhappy Re: So now i have no LTC or gun

Sounds like the drunk was "connected" to somebody. Good luck finding an HONEST judge or magistrate as necessary, to hear your case!

if your story is exactly how you stated it.. lawyer up and sue the fat guy and sue the cops.
    FJB

You should have called the cops. I would have called the cops.
    Now that doesn't make you guilty of anything.

I also would not have pled to anything. If they dropped everything they were just saving face with the summary charge. You should have stood your ground.
    They screw you by loading up on charges then making you feel relieved when they drop all of them except a summary.

As far as your LTCF: If it wasn’t revoked by the sheriff it’s still valid. You have every right to get back your gun and LTCF, and frankly your attorney should have had that all worked out before you left the courthouse IMO.

On a side note IMO if this garage was lawfully rented you had every right to pull your gun. You have no duty to retreat from your house or place of business provided you were not the original aggressor……clearly you were not.

That’s why the charges were dropped IMO.

I'm afraid you still have work to do.
    FUCK BIDEN

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast