Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default An Anti-Gunner moves in with a gun owner for 30 days...

When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: An Anti-Gunner moves in with a gun owner for 30 days...

My favorite quote "I live less than 4 miles from the sight of 4 murders, and I don't have a gun." Why do you need a gun, why are you paranoid?

hello ditz, to protect against those murderers down the street that may come for YOU next.

She started crying the first shot she fired.....ooooook.
    Last edited by falcn; February 23rd, 2011 at 06:03 PM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Northumberland County)

"QUOTING FALCN" .. She started crying the first shot she fired.....ooooook.

I saw the tears flow also but then the barrel went straight down to the ground! It was a over/under ?2shots? She would have been really mad at the "KILLING MACHINE" if she would have shot her self in the foot.

(Allegheny County)

I would have liked the video to show her arrival back home.

(Allegheny County)

I though it was well done. Both sides of the debate where represented. I think everyone gave a little in there debate to try and reach an acceptable solution for all.

I assumed it was just going to be some "pissed-off white-trash redneck conservative and aging hippie liberal douche" yelling at each other for 40 minutes. I was throughly impressed.

FYI the Redneck/douche quote is from South Park. Just trying to be a little humorous.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by originalsocko View Post
    "QUOTING FALCN" .. She started crying the first shot she fired.....ooooook.

I saw the tears flow also but then the barrel went straight down to the ground! It was a over/under ?2shots? She would have been really mad at the "KILLING MACHINE" if she would have shot her self in the foot.
    Yeah I saw that too and was like...ok...whatever but then I thought, yo, she has a shotgun with a live round in the other tube...ummmm...shouldn`t someone say..."Miss, while you`re doing your pain thing, maybe we should secure this loaded firearm?"...gently, very gently????

Overall, cute film, but a lame attempt to try and compramise.

Thumbs down!!

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

That ceasefire group was a bunch of emotional baggage. They needed some xanax and some critical thinking therapy.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
    Overall, cute film, but a lame attempt to try and compramise.

Thumbs down!!
    I have to respectfully disagree. Considering how rabidly (and emotionally) anti-gun the girl (Pia?) was, I'd say it was a smashing success. I think the most progress was actually made, not by the guy and his son but, by the shop owner and her firearms instructor.

IMO, starting that girl out on a shotgun for her first time was moronic and probably set her back 20 days worth of effort. The noise and the recoil just reinforced her fears. Start her out on a pellet gun or a Crickett .22 that's pink. Something that so ludicrously cannot be percieved as a "death machine" then work up. By the end, you could see that she was obviously enjoying how well she was shooting. She just didn't want to admit it.

If they'd have stuck her with someone with a more professional affect like Dev/Null or a big old teddybear like Pennsyplinker (at least when he isn't machinegunning his swimming pool ) this girl coulda been the next Ted Nugent. Sticking her with a divorced guy and his kid, in an unkempt house with drywall missing and the weed whacker apparently broken just reinforced the stereotypes all the more.

However, I also realize that the whole purpose of reality TV like this is to juxtapose extremes to foment conflict for the camera.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

The ginger is just against the public having guns because she doesn't want to worry about being shot when she tries to steal someone's soul.
    I'll vote for Romney when he promises not to run in 2016.

(Pike County)

Well, this is definitely better than nothing, but there are too many thing, that wrong in this episode. Just to name few:
    1) narrator said that nation loses about 30000 people to the gun violence each year. This is complete bullshit. The number is in fact around 13000;
    2) either they cut it or "the Marine" host just didn't mention safety rule #1 - keep you gun pointed to the safe direction, when he did the initial spiel to her;
    3) she called rifles a "machine guns" and no one corrected it;
    4) after she took the first shot... well, it appears that she was leaning at the shotgun's stock while crying. Where was the muzzle, aside from the fact, that it was right next to her foot/ Right, either in mud, or tearing against the concrete (or whatever) fllorring they've had there.

And too much unsafe gun handling in general. Like when she was giving a gun to the guy at the show, asking "is this how I suppose to do that?" and getting an affirmation. Not it's not. It's an NRA rule (and NRA is damn big on safe gun handling) not to hand the gun to another person directly. One person puts it on the counter and another person picks it up. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
    Je suis déplorable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast