Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: P7 PSP Question

(Cumberland County)

Default P7 PSP Question

I know there are a lot of P7 lovers and/or experts out there. I had a question. Buddy and I both have P7's and are now interested in a Nickel version as well. I see Nickel P7's adertised but every now and then I see one's advertised as Stainless Steel or Hard Chrome. Were P7 PSP's made in all 3 finishes along with blue and plum? One of the Hard Chrome one's advertised said it was refinished, but other says original ? I didn't think they were made in SS or Hard Chrome ?

(Centre County)

Default Re: P7 PSP Question

"Plum" is a freak thing and occured to some PSPs (and early M8s) after the bluing process.
    PSPs and M8s only came blued.
    Factory nickel was available on the M13 and M10 only.

All other finishes are aftermarket jobs.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    "Plum" is a freak thing and occured to some PSPs (and early M8s) after the bluing process.
    PSPs and M8s only came blued.
    Factory nickel was available on the M13 and M10 only.

All other finishes are aftermarket jobs.
    Now even more confused - lol. I was sure P7 PSP's came factory nickel - I see many advertised, and the guy I'm thinking of buying one from says he has 2 that are factory new unfired. dang

(Allegheny County)

Most P7's were blue, never made a stainless version and very few were factory finished in nickel. As a matter of fact I'm not sure if the P7PSP was made in any other finish other than blue. The hard chrome guns are after market finishes.

Nickel was offered on the P7M8 and it was very few, also the nickel was offered on the P7M10 (40cal) as well. There were quite a few of these made.

I am fortunate enough to own a factory nickel P7M8, here's a pic of what they look like.

(Cumberland County)

My bad - sorry. I meant P7 not PSP !!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I know there are a lot of P7 lovers and/or experts out there. I had a question. Buddy and I both have P7's and are now interested in a Nickel version as well. I see Nickel P7's adertised but every now and then I see one's advertised as Stainless Steel or Hard Chrome. Were P7 PSP's made in all 3 finishes along with blue and plum? One of the Hard Chrome one's advertised said it was refinished, but other says original ? I didn't think they were made in SS or Hard Chrome ?
    To the best of my knowledge, regular P7's ("PSP") were never offered in anything other than regular blued.

P7M8, M10, (and I believe M13) were the only P7-series offered in factory nickel, and all will have KC date codes, I think (definitely all factory nickel P7M8's are KC date code).

No factory HC, stainless, or nickel P7 ("PSP") were ever sold in the US, IIRC.

The 2-tone and full HC P7's you see around now are aftermarket finishes, some of which were apparently large contract jobs done at the request of U.S. distributors (such as CDNN) once the guns hit stateside.

Regards,

Bones

ETA - simultaneous responses!
    Last edited by JoeyBones; February 22nd, 2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: typo's etc.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Most P7's were blue, never made a stainless version and very few were factory finished in nickel. As a matter of fact I'm not sure if the P7PSP was made in any other finish other than blue. The hard chrome guns are after market finishes.

Nickel was offered on the P7M8 and it was very few, also the nickel was offered on the P7M10 (40cal) as well. There were quite a few of these made.

I am fortunate enough to own a factory nickel P7M8, here's a pic of what they look like.

Beautiful gun ! I originally said P7 PSP but meant just P7. I love my blued one, and now want to move on to a factory nickel but was confused to see p7's advertised as factory ss or hard chrome - didn't think they were made

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, regular P7's ("PSP") were never offered in anything other than regular blued.

P7M8, M10, (and I believe M13) were the only P7-series offered in factory nickel, and all will have KC date codes, I think (definitely all factory nickel P7M8's are KC date code).

No factory HC, stainless, or nickel P7 ("PSP") were ever sold in the US, IIRC.

The 2-tone and full HC P7's you see around now are aftermarket finishes, some of which were apparently large contract jobs done at the request of U.S. distributors (such as CDNN) once the guns hit stateside.

Regards,

Bones

ETA - simultaneous responses!
    Yep correct, all are KC date coded.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Beautiful gun ! I originally said P7 PSP but meant just P7. I love my blued one, and now want to move on to a factory nickel but was confused to see p7's advertised as factory ss or hard chrome - didn't think they were made
    Thanks. They are very hard to find, last one I seen on gunbroker was asking over 2K and that was a couple years ago.

(Cumberland County)

So a web site on HK's and a friend who claims to be pretty knowledgable confirmed for me that P7's came in Blue and factory Nickel - but no ss or hard chrome ( not the original psp's, but p7's ). So now off to buy a factory nickel, best I've seen so far have been around 850 or so. Thanks all.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast