Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Frank's Double Tap Range (Member Review)

As a new member (Full year membership) of the Double Tap shooting range I can't in good faith recommend anyone going there. I've been there twice since signing up and have to say both times have been negative. The first trip to the range included a family with 3 small children I assume all under the age of 5 running around and screaming inside the range area.
    My second trip this past Sunday is what I feel the most insulting. I brought my brother along because I've been trying to get him to join also. When I got there right at opening, the short I'm assuming Russian gentlemen asked us if we needed any ammo or targets, I had brought everything I needed so told him we were ok. He said "You must buy one box of ammo" This was never explained to me when I signed up or else I would not have, I also didn't have to buy any ammo the first time I shot there. I bought the cheapest ammo I could find which was 5 rds of shotgun ammo for $6. While I may shoot there for the remainder of my membership I can assure I will not spend a single dollar more there. I also will not be bringing anymore guests.

Default Re: Frank's Double Tap Range (Member Review)

I posted this same thing on they're facebook page this is the response i got:

So you claim children were running around screaming, but never said anything about it until posting on the internet. No staff ever allows unsupervised children at our shop or range. Frank is Polish by the way. You didn't like having to buy ammunition but almost every range in the region requires every shooter to use shop ammunition, so now we are the bad guys for one box. Would you rather pay more for a membership? Come back and Frank will prorate your membership since you are a crybaby.

(Bucks County)

where is this place?

Its in the Northeast pf Philadelphia, it was called Britts and Security programs.

Who ever runs their facebook is a real hot head. He went off on me then deleted it.. Good thing I saved it all, and here it is.

Tom:
    As a new member (Full year membership) of the Double Tap shooting range I can't in good faith recommend anyone going there. I've been there twice since signing up and have to say both times have been negative. The first trip to the range included a family with 3 small children I assume all under the age of 5 running around and screaming inside the range area.
    My second trip this past Sunday is what I feel the most insulting. I brought my brother along because I've been trying to get him to join also. When I got there right at opening, the short I'm assuming Russian gentlemen asked us if we needed any ammo or targets, I had brought everything I needed so told him we were ok. He said "You must buy one box of ammo" This was never explained to me when I signed up or else I would not have, I also didn't have to buy any ammo the first time I shot there. I bought the cheapest ammo I could find which was 5 rds of shotgun ammo for $6. While I may shoot there for the remainder of my membership I can assure I will not spend a single dollar more there. I also will not be bringing anymore guests.
    2 hours ago · Like

Frank's Gun Shop and Double Tap Shooting Range:
    So you claim children were running around screaming, but never said anything about it until posting on the internet. No staff ever allows unsupervised children at our shop or range. Frank is Polish by the way. You didn't like having to buy ammunition but almost every range in the region requires every shooter to use shop ammunition, so now we are the bad guys for one box. Would you rather pay more for a membership? Come back and Frank will prorate your membership since you are a crybaby.
    about an hour ago · Like

Tom:
    ok. I will.
    44 minutes ago · Like

Tom:
    I'm glad people can see your reaction.
    44 minutes ago · Like

So are we. It was fair and not the reaction many would have. You assume we would over react and personally attack? You wait to use Facebook as a medium instead of talking to Frank to his face and expect me to treat you like a prince? With 200+ members and many more customers, that is enough proof of how we take care of things. I give free shooter clinics, advise, help people on the range, get hard to find accessories and gear, adjust sights for free, some gunsmithing for free, and made quite a few friends.
    22 minutes ago · Like

Tom:
    I just hope Franks ok with you speaking for him and promising people prorated refunds. I will be sure to stop in there this weekend I tell him you said I was getting a refund.
    16 minutes ago · Like

To quote myself on many an occasion, "Did I studder?" Yes, he is peachy keen with me writing an opinion and sending you on your way with a refund. Your inadequacies do not extend to me. A man takes his responsibilities seriously and also would have talked to Frank in the first place. Good day.

There it is... You decide if you want to go there....

(Bucks County)

that last response...does this guy think he's freud? "your inadequcies do not extend to me?"

i had never heard of this place until i saw this post.

the name was the first red flag.

(Philadelphia County)

Not playing these games or making posts about it.
    Last edited by Pointman73; March 29th, 2011 at 11:15 AM.
    Those who dare.

(Montgomery County)

Some people just shouldn't post on forums. I know some business owners that are great people, but come off as total D-bags when/if they try to post in forums.

From the online reaction, maybe its a good thing he didn't say something while at the range about his concerns.

Sometimes I never say anything.. Not returning seems to say volumes on its own.

(Chester County)

this is the spokesman for the business? lol. cant wait to join

Now he posted my name and contact information on his Facebook encouraging people to contact me. No one has.

A soon to be former member is butt hurt due and is posting all over the internet. His silly rants were answered by me and he never replied to my questions. The key is that he never addressed his "issues" to Frank or any other staff member. His name is *My Name*, *My Email Address* for any who wish to reply to him
    My feelings really aren't hurt, and I'm not gonna go off on the guy because I assume thats what he's hoping for. I just want you all to see what I'm dealing with by joining that range. It has been a nightmare since I decided to complain and I wish I never joined in the first place.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast