Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Frank's Double Tap Range (Member Review)

Philadelphia Patriot all I can say to sum things up is that Frank has no clue as to operating a gun range in Philly. This is why he is losing his customer base rapidly. I used to buy from there and have a membership. But when you don't give you member a reason to be a member people don't purchase another membership, and usually got somewhere that does. Also Frank wouldn't know steel cased ammo if you shot him with it. They don't want you shooting Wolf, Tula, Blazer etc. Not so much that it damages the backstop (some will, but not those). But because of the economy and the low availability of normal range ammo, many people have gone with purchasing aluminum cartridges, steel cartridges, etc. And Frank can't make his extra money on recycling your brass that you leave behind. And yes Frank can be an ass at times. And this is another thing that causes customers not to return. But if enough people start avoiding that dump he'll have no choice but to shape up or shut down. Oh and buy the way, don't take a gun there to sell. You'll be treated like a crack addict and you'll literally be giving your gun away cause he's cheap.

(Philadelphia County)

Any gun range or FFL dealer will low ball you on your guns. If you know of one who pays top dollar for used guns PLEASE let us all know. A friend in Kalifornia got in a bit of domestic trouble and the Doj forced him to sell his SP-101 which had less than 50 rounds through it. The only FFL dealer willing to go to the police station to get it (which was required by law) paid him a whopping $150 for it, a fraction of its current value. With all the auction sites and classifieds why would you sell it to a dealer? It's like complaining that a used car dealer didn't give you bluebook on your car.

Also, I agree it's a sucky policy but DT isn't the only local range to ban steel case ammo. Again, if you know of one that doesn't, it would be helpful for you to post it. I for one would like to know since I have hundreds of rounds of Silver Bear sitting in my safe gathering dust.

Finally if DT and the owner are so bad that customers are fleeing, there's no need to embellish by trashing the customers like the OP did. It makes it appear that the poster is overreaching and undermines the credibility of their post. The rest of his post was a more potent indictment.

That said, I commend you both (and everyone else who did) for posting opinions that help others decide where to shoot, but people choose ranges for many different reasons and what works for some doesn't work for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Operator0326 View Post
    Philadelphia Patriot all I can say to sum things up is that Frank has no clue as to operating a gun range in Philly. This is why he is losing his customer base rapidly. I used to buy from there and have a membership. But when you don't give you member a reason to be a member people don't purchase another membership, and usually got somewhere that does. Also Frank wouldn't know steel cased ammo if you shot him with it. They don't want you shooting Wolf, Tula, Blazer etc. Not so much that it damages the backstop (some will, but not those). But because of the economy and the low availability of normal range ammo, many people have gone with purchasing aluminum cartridges, steel cartridges, etc. And Frank can't make his extra money on recycling your brass that you leave behind. And yes Frank can be an ass at times. And this is another thing that causes customers not to return. But if enough people start avoiding that dump he'll have no choice but to shape up or shut down. Oh and buy the way, don't take a gun there to sell. You'll be treated like a crack addict and you'll literally be giving your gun away cause he's cheap.

(Philadelphia County)

True that @ mojo. I know that you aren't going to get top dollar. However they treating someone like a crack addict is unacceptable. I would never sell to a dealer unless I absolutely have to. There is a big difference between steel cased ammo. The sad thing is that the "so called" professionals some times have no clue. As in this situation. He does a magnet test (Wow all bullets will be attracted to a magnet.) I can understand the steel core issue damaging the backstops, and I wouldn't allow that either. However this is a money making and integrity issue. Don't tell me you don't want steel cased cause it damages the backstop, which is untrue and a straight up lie. Because the case never goes downrange. Tell me that you recycle the brass for cash. (Be straight up about it). And as far as imposing a fine. Good luck on making the person pay it. No means of intimidation will make a person pay. And there's nothing that can be done about it. Screaming and throwing a persons property around is not businesslike AT ALL! Regardless of how mad you are that is UNPROFESSIONAL. And unprofessionalism will cause a businessman sales, pointblank. Granted I have had several conversations with Frank and his brother, as well as with the rotation of guys that have worked the counter for the past almost 4 years. They are all great guys. But on the business end of things they just need to step their game up. Other shops have done that to attract new customers, and maintain the old ones. Yeah we all get pissed off at things that we think aren't right. However we all know exactly what WRONG is and can identify it. I have not only heard gripes on this site, but from other people that have gone there in general. I have also heard some great things from people. I'm not saying that it's a bad place. But gee give your members something to attract more members. If you think that I am kidding check out the PAG site and see what they do for their memberships, look at Firing Line, as well as the new Range that opened up in the old Colosimo's. And you tell me where you would be enticed to spend your money?

(Northampton County)

It's usually a saftey issue with steel jacketed rounds as they can spark and ignite flammable dust. Not a good thIng. Almost all steel jacketed ammo comes in steel cases. This I understand and agree with indoors.
    Now if a range forbids Blazer Aluminum cases then they are just being greedy about wanting to steal your brass or lazy about sorting it.

From everything I've read about this place I would not ever go there. I know there aren't much choices in Philly. If it was me if join one of the outdoor clubs outside the city and go less but for longer sessions. Seems like every place I've read about in Philly is either shady or way overpriced. Granted all indoor ranges are expensive compared to outdoor clubs.

(Philadelphia County)

Seems my man's mouth got him into trouble. Talked with NY news and said we should have more background checks. Its bad enough he is a racist, now he's The Gun community also. I've overheard him say how stupid Americans are because they won't stand up for themselves and that he's just in it for the money .

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617