Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default Wal-Mart selling guns

I friend of mine told me today that he heard from an employee that the stores in Hanover are going to start selling guns again. Anyone hear that? Do we have any Wal-Mart employees here?

(York County)

Default Re: Wal-Mart selling guns

Don't know for sure about the Hanover stores, but saw some posts on another website that some of the stores that used to carry firearms will be stocking them again. Was browsing the gun supplies aisle the other day and saw that they had some cheap universal fit holsters, even some pocket holsters. I've heard that scaling back their inventory has hurt walmart's sales, and with Target coming it makes sense that they would stock items that Target doesn't carry.

(Washington County)

Isnt that somewhat ironic... target not wanting to have anything to do with firearms?

(Philadelphia County)

There was an article in the WSJ yesterday about Walmart getting back to its roots. They tried to become more upscale, adding organic groceries, scaling back on shelf stock to create a more open feel, elliminating some high sales but low margin inventory, and adding some more upscale brands.

It backfired. People who wanted a better, more upscale shopping experience than Walmart, still didn't go to Walmart. And people who wanted the stuff they stopped carrying, or who wanted cheap stuff, not discounted more expensive stuff went to dollar stores instead.

So, they're boing back to Sam's original business plan. That may have something to do with guns coming back (if true).

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Isnt that somewhat ironic... target not wanting to have anything to do with firearms?
    Makes total sense as no one would be able to resist walking out with their brand new purchase, turning around and pulling off a couple of shots at the sign

If this is true I don't believe it has anything to do with getting back to their roots or whatever.. When some stores stopped selling firearms I asked the sporting goods clerk why this was.. What happened was that some stores were so lax in filing the paperwork that they lost the ability to sell firearms..If they start selling again I would assume it was because what ever penalty was imposed on them is now over.

Both of the Walmarts here in the York city area having selling long guns and shot guns for years.

(Allegheny County)

I dunno... around here, unless you want a box of ammo, or a camouflage hat with a Chevy, Dodge, or Ford logo, you're pretty much out of luck.

They've scaled back the "hunting" portion of the sporting goods dept. to the point where it isn't even worth heading over there while the wife looks at cosmetics.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I dunno... around here, unless you want a box of ammo, or a camouflage hat with a Chevy, Dodge, or Ford logo, you're pretty much out of luck.

They've scaled back the "hunting" portion of the sporting goods dept. to the point where it isn't even worth heading over there while the wife looks at cosmetics.
    Wow, that sucks. Sometimes WM is my one stop shop; ammo, cleaning supplies, accessories like bipods, eyes and ears, cheap optics, and it's a pretty good place to buy a basic 10/22 or a Mossy 500.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Bucks County)

I support the local shop. They are there when u need them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast