Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Exclamation Centre County Sheriff Denny Nau's update about issuing to non-residents by mail.

Sheriff Denny Nau's update about issuing to non-residents by mail:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON LICENSE TO CARRY FIREARM

ACT 66 2005 THE STANDARDIZATION & MODERNIZATION OF PROCESS SYSTEM

UPDATED POST - 2/15/11

We have implemented the new statewide system. There have been some problems with the new system and times we were unable to issue a license through the new system. In those cases we still utilize the old system.

Until these issues are resolved we will continue utilizing both the old and new system.

Once the new system has all the glitches worked out we will no longer utilize the old system and all applicants and renewals will need apply in person.

When we make the full transition to the new system we will provide a one week window for processing via mail.

Default Re: Centre County Sheriff Denny Nau's update about issuing to non-residents by mail.

SO this means a non-resident will have to drive to Pa. to get a non-resident carry license??? What brilliant bureaucrat figured THAT one out??!!

Default Re: Centre County Sheriff Denny Nau's update about issuing to non-residents by mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpuppymax View Post
    SO this means a non-resident will have to drive to Pa. to get a non-resident carry license???
    Exactly. So, if you want one, being from KY, you better apply quickly while they are still using the old system at times, as outlined in my above post.

So could an applicant apply in person, and have the issued LTCF mailed to their home state? If so, at least that would be doable.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpuppymax View Post
    SO this means a non-resident will have to drive to Pa. to get a non-resident carry license??? What brilliant bureaucrat figured THAT one out??!!
    Probably the suggestion of one of these people (last page of document).

http://andrewshemo.com/pafoa/rertkl2...siveRecord.pdf

I am still trying to figure it all out, but the PPD (as expected) doesn't want to share information about this semi-secret government committee named after an Act that didn't actually create a committee.

This is an example of the government taking limited authority and abusing it to implement other restrictions.

Being a non resident with a Centre County license, I will happily make the trip to renew when the time comes. Seems a small issue for such a big reward. Well worth the time and effort to have the license.
    Many thanks to Sheriff Nau and his department.
    TJ

(Centre County)

You guys can just pick them up while you're at one of our fine Nittany Lion Football games

Sheriff Nau is the greatest. I had a year or so left on my LTC. He told me he could renew if it was damaged and unreadable which it was do to going through the washing machine. I now have a new permit with 5 years on it. Hopefully in 5 years things get more uniform and better for non residents.