Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Crimes committed by PA LTCF holders vs. PA out-of-state permit holders?

I'm wondering if anyone has the numbers regarding crimes (gun related) committed by PA residents with LTCFs and PA residents with out-of-state permits but no LTCFs?
    Last edited by JP8; February 18th, 2011 at 01:34 PM.

Default Re: Crimes committed by PA LTCF holders vs. PA out-of-state permit holders?

Just curious what are you trying to show with these statistics?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Crimes committed by PA LTCF holders vs. PA out-of-state permit holders?

Quote Originally Posted by Jup06 View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has the numbers regarding crimes (gun related) committed by PA residents with LTCFs and PA residents with out-of-state permits but no LTCFs?
    No such statistics are kept.

(Philadelphia County)

I am sure the powers that be do not WANT such statistics kept. Once you eliminate some minor non-scary and non-violent stuff, the end result would likely be that fewer than 0.1% of ANY CCW holders in a given year are convicted of a crime in PA in any given year.

If you compare that to, say big time Obama supporters living in PA...

I don't remember where I saw it, but some statistic says that CCW holders are statistically lower than the general population to commit a crime, any crime.

Most crimes committed by CCW holders are probably violations, like not having the permit on them while carrying, carrying someplace they aren't supposed to, or improper display of the firearm (just my ideas).

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by inrem View Post
    I am sure the powers that be do not WANT such statistics kept. Once you eliminate some minor non-scary and non-violent stuff, the end result would likely be that fewer than 0.1% of ANY CCW holders in a given year are convicted of a crime in PA in any given year.

If you compare that to, say big time Obama supporters living in PA...
    I remember seeing some absurdly low percentage regarding Florida. I suppose it was being tracked because the anti crowd was so sure there would be blood baths as all the deadly armed citizens were sure to be shooting each other to resolve things like road rage.

I recall recently seeing something about there have been an annoying number of permit holders being cited for printing and that has helped
    Floridians push for OC.

A number of studies have been done comapring the likelihood of crime commission by CC holders vs NON CC holders. CC holders are always shown to be many, many times less likely to commit a crime.

http://www.vpc.org/ccwkillers.htm

This site has some numbers and quite a few cases. Of course it's supposed to make CCW holders as dangerous people and doesn't compare those numbers to the total number of CCW holders or compare them to crime numbers of non-CCW holders.

(Bucks County)

a few years ago when that assclown philly mayor john street and his lap dog police chief ramsey launched a campaign against philly residents LTCF this is the statistics chief ramsey used to justify his case.

28,000 LTCF issued in philly

70 LTCF involved in some sort of crime of which 28 were domestic related, all non-violent

1 person w/LTCF was arrested involving a crime with a firearm, didn't elaborate on the crime or disposistion of the case

out of 28000 issued LTCF 70 people had their LTCF revoked, keep in mind any little infraction real or imagined will result in a philly revoking your LTCF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jup06 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZ View Post
    Just curious what are you trying to show with these statistics?
    That gun owners are good, responsible, citizens, obviously. Not the crazy, hot headed, nutjobs, that some would like to make us out as.
    Last edited by brownman; February 22nd, 2011 at 10:25 PM.
    and to the dust you shall return