Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default The sayings of Ed Randell

http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/?p=156

For those of us in the gun blogosphere, I think it’s important to highlight another reason to loathe the politics of Ed Rendell. Let’s see what Ed hast to say on guns:

“I believe with all my heart that we need more gun control” - Press Conference 10/3/2006

“I believe with every ounce of feeling that I have that there are far too many guns.” - Reason Magazine 7/1998

“I just can’t say publicly what we want to do, we have to take these things slowly.” - Overheard conversation with an anti-gun activist while running for Governor.

“What I’m going to try mostly to do is convince the legislature to let Philadelphia have the right to pass its own gun laws. We had that, when I was mayor, up until 1996 – then they took it away from us. I’d like them to give us that right back,” [Sebastian: It was taken away because the city tried to pass its own assault weapons ban and wouldn’t issue carry licenses]

“The sheer cost of defending these suits would be hard on the gun industry”.

“The impact of so many cities’ filing suit all at once would be monumental for manufacturers. . . . They don’t have the deep pockets of the tobacco industry, and it could bring them to the negotiating table a lot sooner.”

“I might sue the entertainment industry for glorifying gun violence.”

“I favor the one-gun-a-month legislation that’s passed in Virginia and South Carolina, which limits handgun sales to one gun per month”

“I thank the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence for their continuing support and their commitment to making Pennsylvania a safer place to live.”

“Neither the City nor the State are in the business of selling weapons; we are in the business of confiscating them.” Letter to a Pennsylvania resident, December 7, 1993

“To the people of Philadelphia, guns aren’t used for sport, guns aren’t used for recreation. Guns aren’t even very successfully used for protection. Guns are used for killing people.” ABC Nightline, May 26, 1998

“Rendell said that, as a city prosecutor, he had never seen a defensive gun use, and that as far as he was concerned, he had never heard of a defensive gun use. He said that he didn’t believe they occurred.” - John Lott relaying a confrontation with Rendell in 1999

And yet Rendell likes to say:

“There is nothing that I want to do to take a gun away from a hunter or a law-abiding citizen.”

Pardon me if I think you’re full of shit, Ed.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: The sayings of Ed Randell

Thanks for the link. It seems like such a long time ago, when Ed Rendell was still at least giving lip service to not wanting to screw gun owners. Now that he's gotten totally zen with his lame duck status, his true colors are showing. 2010 seems like a long way off now, doesn't it?
    Snowflakes in Hell Blog
    Where There's Snow, There's Firepower
    http://snowflakesinhell.com

(Indiana County)

Who keeps voting for this guy?

(Bucks County)

He's a good example of how bad it can get when the suburbs vote with Philadelphia. There's a widespread belief in the Philadelphia suburbs that Ed Rendell was a great mayor. I think that's not necessarily true; Ed Rendell was a lucky mayor. With the city and suburbs voting for him, there weren't enough votes against him in the rest of the state to overcome those numbers.
    Snowflakes in Hell Blog

(Bucks County)

Plus, the GOP ran Lynne Swann, and basically left him out here with no political experience, and no real support.
    Snowflakes in Hell Blog

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    Thanks for the link. It seems like such a long time ago, when Ed Rendell was still at least giving lip service to not wanting to screw gun owners. Now that he's gotten totally zen with his lame duck status, his true colors are showing. 2010 seems like a long way off now, doesn't it?
    You keep up the good work in getting the word out about Rendell.

Thanks

(Philadelphia County)

All these Liberals keep talking about gun violence being bad...funny I didn't realize the moral outrage we have towards violence is supposed to be indexed according to the type of weapon used.

“I favor the one-gun-a-month legislation that’s passed in Virginia and South Carolina, which limits handgun sales to one gun per month”
    Fair enough Mr. Rendell, you care to apply that one gun per month limit to the police as well?

And as for the segue...

“Neither the City nor the State are in the business of selling weapons; we are in the business of confiscating them.”
    ...and buying them, turning peace officers into a domestic military, treating our own citizens as "the enemy" and turning our inner-cities into battlefields as we fight the Drug War,

“I thank the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence for their continuing support and their commitment to making Pennsylvania a safer place to live.”
    ...for criminals. I see you forgot the last two words of that sentence Ed, so I decided to help you out, no need to thank me buddy.

“To the people of Philadelphia, guns aren’t used for sport, guns aren’t used for recreation. Guns aren’t even very successfully used for protection. Guns are used for killing people.”
    Indeed they are (for the most part, overgeneralize much?), and you are stupid and naive enough to believe this is due to gun laws.

“Rendell said that, as a city prosecutor, he had never seen a defensive gun use, and that as far as he was concerned, he had never heard of a defensive gun use. He said that he didn’t believe they occurred.”
    He also claimed to have never heard to have watched TV, seen the sun, or ever masturbated.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Washington County)

Fast Eddie is without a doubt the worst thing to ever happen to the state of Pennsylvania. Not only is the state is far worst shape than when he started, there is not a bigger threat to PA gun owners rights in PA than him.

Quote Originally Posted by larrymeyer View Post
    http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/?p=156

For those of us in the gun blogosphere, I think it’s important to highlight another reason to loathe the politics of Ed Rendell. Let’s see what Ed hast to say on guns:

“I believe with all my heart that we need more gun control” - Press Conference 10/3/2006

“I believe with every ounce of feeling that I have that there are far too many guns.” - Reason Magazine 7/1998

“I just can’t say publicly what we want to do, we have to take these things slowly.” - Overheard conversation with an anti-gun activist while running for Governor.

“What I’m going to try mostly to do is convince the legislature to let Philadelphia have the right to pass its own gun laws. We had that, when I was mayor, up until 1996 – then they took it away from us. I’d like them to give us that right back,” [Sebastian: It was taken away because the city tried to pass its own assault weapons ban and wouldn’t issue carry licenses]

“The sheer cost of defending these suits would be hard on the gun industry”.

“The impact of so many cities’ filing suit all at once would be monumental for manufacturers. . . . They don’t have the deep pockets of the tobacco industry, and it could bring them to the negotiating table a lot sooner.”

“Neither the City nor the State are in the business of selling weapons; we are in the business of confiscating them.” Letter to a Pennsylvania resident, December 7, 1993

“To the people of Philadelphia, guns aren’t used for sport, guns aren’t used for recreation. Guns aren’t even very successfully used for protection. Guns are used for killing people.” ABC Nightline, May 26, 1998

“Rendell said that, as a city prosecutor, he had never seen a defensive gun use, and that as far as he was concerned, he had never heard of a defensive gun use. He said that he didn’t believe they occurred.” - John Lott relaying a confrontation with Rendell in 1999

And yet Rendell likes to say:

“There is nothing that I want to do to take a gun away from a hunter or a law-abiding citizen.”

Pardon me if I think you’re full of shit, Ed.
    In another thread I said that everytime a politician opens his mouth another lie comes out. An uncle of mine said that they have rubber lips , they can speak out of both sides of their maouth at the same time. You can not trust a any politician , There are no Statesmen in this or any other country! Ed