Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Ung is found NOT GUILTY

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Care to give us an in depth analysis as to why you think Ung wasn't in the right for defending himself?
    I would be more than happy to.

It seems, for the posters who replied to this thread, that the incident started when the guy who got shot started punching the shooter. As if both men were teleported from somewhere, to a Philly street within feet of each other. One man had a gun in his hand, the other was filled with rage and decided to attack. The man with the gun defended himself, and all is well.

Obviously there is much more to the story, and many points in the timeline where the shooting could have been avoided. If the little man with the gun didn't have a gun in his possession, he would have kept walking instead of getting into an altercation with a drunken, meathead moron. But, he did have a gun so he decided why not go back and forth a little, because you know, if I feel threatened physically by this physically superior man, I'll just pull the piece.

Hence, little man with a gun.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by dazeeman View Post
    I would be more than happy to.

It seems, for the posters who replied to this thread, that the incident started when the guy who got shot started punching the shooter. As if both men were teleported from somewhere, to a Philly street within feet of each other. One man had a gun in his hand, the other was filled with rage and decided to attack. The man with the gun defended himself, and all is well.

Obviously there is much more to the story, and many points in the timeline where the shooting could have been avoided. If the little man with the gun didn't have a gun in his possession, he would have kept walking instead of getting into an altercation with a drunken, meathead moron. But, he did have a gun so he decided why not go back and forth a little, because you know, if I feel threatened physically by this physically superior man, I'll just pull the piece.

Hence, little man with a gun.
    Well then......oh never mind - you're a hopeless case or troll. Either way, not worth the effort.

III% - Stand and be counted

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rblakely View Post
    Well then......oh never mind - you're a hopeless case or troll. Either way, not worth the effort.
    Funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

"Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces."

Moving on.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Just to clarify this for casual observers:

Gerald Ung is not a little man, he's a bit taller than me.

Gerald attempted to flee, along with his two companions. This is not an opinion, this is what can be objectively seen in the two videotapes (the two cameras on the front of the Fox affiliate office on that street.) He walked away from the bullies until the bullies surrounded him and stopped him.

Gerald did everything right. He had a duty to flee before using deadly force, and he fled. The bullies pursued. He had no duty to warn them that he had a gun, yet he did, and the drunken assholes continued their game anyway.

Just how drunk and/or stupid must you be, to pointlessly harass 3 people, then finally you trap one of them and force him to pull a gun, and then you DO NOT walk away, you DO NOT even try to grab the gun.....no, like a suicidal moron, you ignore the gun and start punching your victim in the face.

If your life sucked, and your only solace was binge drinking and "creeping on" women, to the point that you wanted to die, I suppose that one promising avenue to achieve that might be to find someone with a gun and start punching him.

Seriously, if you found a guy holding a loaded gun, what action on your part would be more likely than that to get him to shoot you? Is there ANYTHING more likely to get yourself shot than to physically assault the guy, punch him and grab him?
    Last edited by GunLawyer001; July 11th, 2014 at 09:51 PM.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Just to clarify this for casual observers:

Gerald Ung is not a little man, he's a bit taller than me.

Gerald attempted to flee, along with his two companions. This is not an opinion, this is what can be objectively see in the two videotapes (the two cameras on the front of the Fox affiliate office on that street.) He walked away from the bullies until the bullies surrounded him and stopped him.

Gerald did everything right. He had a duty to flee before using deadly force, and he fled. The bullies pursued. He had no duty to warn them that he had a gun, yet he did, and the drunken assholes continued their game anyway.

Just how drunk and/or stupid must you be, to pointlessly harass 3 people, then finally you trap one of them and force him to pull a gun, and then you DO NOT walk away, you DO NOT even try to grab the gun.....no, like a suicidal moron, you ignore the gun and start punching your victim in the face.

If your life sucked, and your only solace was binge drinking and "creeping on" women, to the point that you wanted to die, I suppose that one promising avenue to achieve that might be to find someone with a gun and start punching him.

Seriously, if you found a guy holding a loaded gun, what action on your part would be more likely than that to get him to shoot you? Is there ANYTHING more likely to get yourself shot than to physically assault the guy, punch him and grab him?
    I read a report on Ungs testimony and it did not read as you wrote. I based my opinion on that. I wasn't there at the of the shooting to be able to determine who, but someone is lying here. Either way it was only my opinion.

I have to ask were you representing Ung at trial?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by dazeeman View Post
    I read a report on Ungs testimony and it did not read as you wrote. I based my opinion on that. I wasn't there at the of the shooting to be able to determine who, but someone is lying here. Either way it was only my opinion.

I have to ask were you representing Ung at trial?
    Oh in the report you read, it didnt have his lawyers name?? Lawyer representing Ung was Jack McMann.

(Philadelphia County)

The woman -- I won't name her here -- who I mentioned is my customer and Ung's friend? She was there that night. Let me tell you, for a fact -- and I mean without any shred of doubt -- they tried to flee from the drunken jock that needed to prove to the world how tough he is. You don't corner a man with the threat of violence from multiple people and expect him to stand by and take it.

Especially when he has a gun in his hand, like GunLawyer said.

(Delaware County)

Does anyone have a good working link to the surveillance video? Even the Fox 29 website links are no good anymore...

(Cumberland County)

Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

I was saddened to see this, from 3 years ago, it looks like Gerald changed his name to "Grey", finished his law degree, got married, and then died:

Obituary

Adon Gerald Grey
    November 5, 1981 - January 20, 2018

Gerald, 36, was born in Washington, D.C. to Narinnee and John Ung. He was raised in Northern, VA and eventually settled in Sykesville, MD where he resided with his wife.

Gerald attended Rochester University as an undergraduate and Temple University where he obtained a law degree. Gerald loved taking long drives in his Mazda Miata, exploring new restaurants and cuisine with his friends, and spending time with his wife and dog, Winston.

He is survived by his wife, Kelly Grey and his parents Narinnee and John Ung. He is also survived by many aunts, uncles, and cousins.

A celebration of life will be held on Thursday, January 25, 2018 at St. Matthews United Methodist Church in Fairfax, VA at 11:00 AM.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast