Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Shots Fired in Pa. Mall Parking Lot

Link here:
    http://www.journal-news.com/news/con...xsvc=1&cxcat=0

Shots Fired in Pa. Mall Parking Lot

ALLENTOWN, Pa. — Shots were fired in the parking lot of a shopping mall Friday during an apparent holdup of an armored car, officials said.

People ran into the mall for safety after the gunfire began. Bank of America spokesman Ernesto Anguilla said the shooting was apparently related to an attempted holdup of an armored car.

"None of our associates or customers were injured," Anguilla said.

Television footage showed three bullet casings in the parking lot of the South Mall, where police converged shortly after 10:30 a.m.

Patty Dudley, a shopper from Macungie, said she was at Stein Mart in the mall when employees ushered her and other customers to the back of the store. They told her something had happened outside and customers could not leave.

"I was just making a return and then I was hiding under a clothing rack," she told The Morning Call, an Allentown newspaper.

Police officials did not immediately return phone messages. A spokeswoman for the South Mall was being briefed and wasn't immediately available for comment.
    ___

December 7, 2007 - 1:37 p.m. Copyright 2007, The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP Online news report may not be published, broadcast or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Berks County)

Default Re: Shots Fired in Pa. Mall Parking Lot

And also from the Morning Call:
    http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-...l_tab01_layout

Report: Attempted robbery, shootout at South Mall
    Armored car robbery

The Morning Call
    11:48 AM EST, December 7, 2007

An armored car at the Bank of America at the South Mall in Allentown was the target of an armed robbery this morning, according to scanner reports.

Shots were exchanged between the armored car guards and the robbers around 10:25 a.m., according to a police radio alert to law enforcement. No details have been confirmed by police.

One person was being held at gunpoint by a police officer outside a mall department store, according to reports. Police also were chasing a black Firebird, the windows of which had been shot out.

Shortly after reports of the shoot-out, police descended to an apartment complex at 30th Street S.W. and Ithaca Street in Allentown.

Police removed two men from an apartment building. One was wearing a dark hoodie and another was wearing a blue shirt and jeans. A woman in a car with a baby was being questioned by police. It was unknown whether the two men or the woman had any connections to the robbery attempt.

Over at the South Mall, Patty Dudley of Macungie said she was returning an item at Stein Mart when employees herded her and other customers to the back of the store. They told her something had happened outside and customers could not leave.

"I was just making a return and then I was hiding under a clothing rack," she said.

Employees and other customers who would not give their names expressed fear and concern over what might have happened.

-- reporting by Manuel Gamiz, Jr. and Daniel Patrick Sheehan, The Morning Call
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Will this make me afraid of going to the LV mall for my gift shopping------NO!

I'll have a tougher time deciding what to carry (Beretta 92FS or Sig 225) than what I'll buy for friends and family.

Stay alert---and put down all threats!

Happy Holidays!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohn26 View Post
    Will this make me afraid of going to the LV mall for my gift shopping------NO!

I'll have a tougher time deciding what to carry (Beretta 92FS or Sig 225) than what I'll buy for friends and family.

Stay alert---and put down all threats!

Happy Holidays!
    I agree I was out shopping today and had my Glock 19 in my OWB all day. One depressed EMO kid with an assault rifle and I at least have a fighting chance.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
    -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    PAFOA Feedback

(Washington County)

Tis the season for concealed carry.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalrecon View Post
    .......kid with an assault rifle......
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    :middlefinger:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
    -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    PAFOA Feedback

(Lehigh County)

Turns out it was just two guys sitting in a car, here is the story in the Morning Call this morning.
    An Easton man hopped behind the wheel of a ''suspicious'' vehicle outside the South Mall, slammed it into reverse and tried to flee police Friday morning, forcing one officer to jump out of the way and prompting two others to open fire, authorities said.
    http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-...l_tab01_layout

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalrecon View Post
    I agree I was out shopping today and had my Glock 19 in my OWB all day. One depressed EMO kid with an assault rifle and I at least have a fighting chance.
    What is the assault rifle you speak of? It sounds like such an evil weapon.

The EMO kid out west had a SKS, not an assault rifle. Don't play into the politics and catch phrases of the Anti's

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    What is the assault rifle you speak of? It sounds like such an evil weapon.

The EMO kid out west had a SKS, not an assault rifle. Don't play into the politics and catch phrases of the Anti's
    Amen!

But I thought he had an AK-47 with SKS ammunition... at least thats what NBC10 said!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast