Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: New to PA and need some clarification

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    Holy Cow! Are you serious? I have no doubt you needed a General Waiver to enlist and I can only hope that upon enlisting you saw the "LIGHT" and have choosen to comply with most laws.

On a side note: a) you musta can't run for shit being caught that many times. LOL b) Aren't very bright when you see red/blue flashing strobe lights and instead of burning rubber, you played bug and went to the lights c) Hung out with some super duper loser's who left you to fend for yourself D) Next time I'm in P-Burgh, wanna grab a beer at a VFW?

CL
    Hahaha actually it was college every time. I would be in a party in a house with a front and back exit and by the time you knew some moron let the cops come in it was too late. I didn't need any waivers that I know of. They all came after I was 18 too . Personally, if I'm old enough to die for this country I don't give two shits what people say I'm old enough to drink. So that is one law I would go back and not comply with again haha. Certainly I'm always up for a beer.
    "I would rather have my freedom and face the danger."

Default New to PA and need some clarification

Welcome to the pafoa forum.Enjoy your stay here.

Ok I just found this and thought it might help to definitely clear everything up. You guys are all right by saying that I can legally purchase a handgun/long gun in the state of Pennsylvania and I believe this clarifies that point.

Quoting 18 Pa.C.S. § 6308. Purchase, consumption, possession or transportation of liquor or malt or brewed beverages
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(a) Offense defined.-- A person commits a summary offense if he, being less than 21 years of age, attempts to purchase, purchases, consumes, possesses or knowingly and intentionally transports any liquor or malt or brewed beverages, as defined in section 6310.6 (relating to definitions). For the purposes of this section, it shall not be a defense that the liquor or malt or brewed beverage was consumed in a jurisdiction other than the jurisdiction where the citation for underage drinking was issued.

(b) Penalty.-- In addition to the penalty imposed pursuant to section 6310.4 (relating to restriction of operating privileges), a person convicted of violating subsection (a) may be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than $500 for the second and each subsequent violation.

(c) Preadjudication disposition.--
    (1) When a person is charged with violating subsection (a), the magisterial district judge may admit the offender to the adjudication alternative as authorized in 42 Pa.C.S. § 1520 (relating to adjudication alternative program) or any other preadjudication disposition if the offender has not previously received a preadjudication disposition for violating subsection (a).

(2) The use of a preadjudication disposition shall be considered a first or subsequent offense, whichever is applicable, for the purpose of further adjudication under this section or under section 6310.4.
    (d) Notification.--The police department making an arrest for a suspected violation of subsection (a) shall so notify the parents or guardian of the minor charged.

This specifically states that the violation goes to a magistrate, which in my case it did. I was not fingerprinted in any of these violations either. This leads me to believe that it wouldn't show up on a PICS, or if it did it wouldn't having any bearing on purchasing a firearm. Correct me if I'm wrong.

sorry for being so cautious and making you guys repeat yourselves, I just want to be sure I can legally purchase a firearm before stepping into a gun shop. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    Welcome to freedom, I escaped 10 years ago. The only things worth while over there is the pizza and Atco.

I hate having to work in that S-hole of a state too. Seriously it really does feel like getting paroled.
    this post has not aged well.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(York County)

Was fine for 12 years until you resurrected it

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Heym View Post
    Thanks for the clarification guys. Although I do love Jersey, for somethings, it is just getting ridiculous to not only live there and try to maintain your life, especially what they are charging in property taxes, etc. but now that Christie is Governor, I am so glad I am out of there. Anyways, thanks again, and I'm sure I'll be posting more often to get fellow forum members opinions on things.
    Necro Thread. But I get a kick out of the bolded text. He thought Christie was a bad governor. LOL, LOL, LOL.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Necro Thread. But I get a kick out of the bolded text. He thought Christie was a bad governor. LOL, LOL, LOL.
    It's all relative, ain't it...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123